Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I didn't even own a cat..
    He knows that you are married. Ask him out right what his intentions are. You guys have been friends for awhile? He just may want to chat about his new lifestyle to someone who he can trust. It may be a long time coming (cumming) for him to come out of the closet. He finally needs to talk to some of his hetero buddies.....

And maybe he finds you "handsome" and "fierce"
    2008 Louis Garneau Sonix 6.4
    2002 KHS Flite 500
    1999 Gary Fisher Big Sur

You're Not the Boss of Me
    I can't think of anything meaningful to contribute, so just let me say that I'm enjoying this thread immensely.
    JESUS IS COMING

... look busy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncvwnut
    He knows that you are married. Ask him out right what his intentions are. You guys have been friends for awhile? He just may want to chat about his new lifestyle to someone who he can trust. It may be a long time coming (cumming) for him to come out of the closet. He finally needs to talk to some of his hetero buddies.....

And maybe he finds you "handsome" and "fierce"
    1.) Couple months ago... met him helping freshly divorced friend move (you may ask yourself... is it awkward to help the ex-wife of your now gay friend from high school move out of their house with her new pseudo boyfriend, of course not...does it become awkward when you realize that her new bf is batting for the wrong team, um yes)

2.) Last week... went on double date with the above mentioned two, seemed normal

3.) Friday... beginning of the attempted bromance
    Tyler, you are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met.

We're no better than mice
    Quote Originally Posted by handsomerob
    1.) Couple months ago... met him helping freshly divorced friend move (you may ask yourself... is it awkward to help the ex-wife of your now gay friend from high school move out of their house with her new pseudo boyfriend, of course not...does it become awkward when you realize that her new bf is batting for the wrong team, um yes)
    You totally lost us all on this.

Have you thought about asking him to go out shopping with you to discuss these issues?

__________________________________________________ ______
    I long for the days, when men were men, and sheep were nervous -Woody Allen

Anti-Hero
    Quit hanging out in midtown!
    No turkey unless it's a club sandwich
    Brickhouse Blog

RoadBikeReview Member
    That...my friends.... was uncomfortable moment number 8 or 9 for the evening.
    8 or 9 times the same guy? Wouldn't take me that many times with the same guy to make the answer clear.

8 or 9 times with variety of guys? Wouldn't have taken me that many times to figure I was in the wrong place.
    It is a Schwinn. Bought it new in Sixty Two.

banned
    Not that there's anything wrong with that...

RoadBikeReview Member
    actually, I have decided to handle this like most men would. I am going to ignore it until it goes away. I have started by ignoring the two pointless texts I got today.

Now here comes the pickle... no not figuratively. Should....

a.) My wife tell her friend that she is going down the road she has already been down... she needs to suck it up, and find a dude that really likes girls or else it just can't end well.

b.) Should I tell her that her gaydar is completely brokedified... and she should demand all future suitors to perform some sort of litmus test to determine their preference.

c.) I STFU and MYOB?

As far as the litmus test goes... any good suggestions? Any girls out there go on a date with a guy and find themselves wondering if the guy is really in to chicks or just playing the part?

Quote Originally Posted by EverydayRide
    You totally lost us all on this.

Have you thought about asking him to go out shopping with you to discuss these issues?

__________________________________________________ ______
    I long for the days, when men were men, and sheep were nervous -Woody Allen
    Tyler, you are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met.

What the what???
    I smell a top 10 list coming...
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee
    I can't think of anything meaningful to contribute, so just let me say that I'm enjoying this thread immensely.
    at the end of the day... I think that is all that really matters.

What the what???

Top 10 signs he might bat for the other team...or at least be a switch hitter

1.) He uses baseball metaphors in inappropriate ways... wait... what??
    2.) His dinner order consists of quiche...and for dessert...Bananas Foster
    3.) As the waiter turns to leave, he pats him on the behind, but plays it off by saying, "It's a football thing. You wouldn't understand."
    4.) He looks better in skinny jeans than you do
    5.) He mistakenly admits to pining for the next installment of a Sex and the City movie
    6.) His drink has more umbrellas than a London bus stop
    7.) His reference to a recent trip to Mississippi sounds oddly like a slowly flatting tire
    8.) The handshake he offers you at the end of the evening feels like squeezing a blob of Silly Putty
    9.) He is "manscaped" within an inch of his life
    10.) He drives a Hummer, and titters just a bit every time it is mentioned
    Last edited by Opus51569; 09-06-2009 at 04:39 PM.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

actually, I have decided to handle this like most men would. I am going to ignore it until it goes away. I have started by ignoring the two pointless texts I got today.
    My comprehension of english is not terribly good and I've reread your posts a few times trying to sort things fresh. What I grasp is, you have a best friend, guy who's now gay and is divorcing or divorced his wife and the wife now is dating a guy and he's gay without her knowing it. Right? Wrong? And the best friend of high school who is now declared himself as gay is hitting on you.My English is not as good as my Hebrew. So excuse me.

Well it's a shame. A gay friend shouldn't upset your world if he becomes obnoxious. I do understand how it could be annoying and that friend should be told point blank. But that's a result of his behaviour or personality, not his sexual preferences. You can be a hetero and an arsehole too. Just don't get all homophobic about the ordeal though. Throughout the years working I've befriend an assortment of alternative life style folk. I've never chose friends due to their sexuality. Contrarily, I chosen friends because they were really excellent friends and great individuals.

If someone pisses you off and you can't reason with them ...then make it known they piss you off. If they bother you drop them as a friend. Don't pass judgment on their sexuality or sexual preferences. It's a nowhere street.

Good luck.

Master of my Domain
    I envision the suspected gay man hanging over in the lawnje at www.monstertruckforum.com telling of his hawt new GF, and the only thing a little off is she has this dude that moves her stuff for her, and then tries to steal her men.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2007

It's a broner.

You give him a broner.

RoadBikeReview Member
    My comprehension of english is not terribly good and I've reread your posts a few times trying to sort things fresh. What I grasp is, you have a best friend, guy who's now gay and is divorcing or divorced his wife and the wife now is dating a guy and he's gay without her knowing it. Right? Wrong? And the best friend of high school who is now declared himself as gay is hitting on you.My English is not as good as my Hebrew. So excuse me.

My newly divorced friend and I were very good friends in high school and have remained friends over the years, however after his divorce, he has pretty well started a new life and I am not part of it. I am pretty sure he is just sorting out how he will live his life and at some point I imagine we will hang out again. To be clear, I have always thought he was gay, but didn't care. I never felt like he was interested in anything other than being a friend and that was fine with me.

This new boyfriend seemed nice the first couple times I met him and I was glad that my wife's friend was now dating, she has had a pretty rough go of it as of late. The main issues I have are that it was pretty obvious on Friday that he was hitting on me and that is not right on at least three levels.

Well it's a shame. A gay friend shouldn't upset your world if he becomes obnoxious. I do understand how it could be annoying and that friend should be told point blank. But that's a result of his behaviour or personality, not his sexual preferences. You can be a hetero and an arsehole too. Just don't get all homophobic about the ordeal though. Throughout the years working I've befriend an assortment of alternative life style folk. I've never chose friends due to their sexuality. Contrarily, I chosen friends because they were really excellent friends and great individuals.

If someone pisses you off and you can't reason with them ...then make it known they piss you off. If they bother you drop them as a friend. Don't pass judgment on their sexuality or sexual preferences. It's a nowhere street.

Good luck.
    I hope my comments make clear that I am not trying to pass judgement... I just wanted to see how someone else would handle this one and figure out how to avoid future situations like this (this wasn't the first time I didn't realize I was being pursued until it was uncomfortable)

This new boyfriend seemed nice the first couple times I met him and I was glad that my wife's friend was now dating, she has had a pretty rough go of it as of late. The main issues I have are that it was pretty obvious on Friday that he was hitting on me and that is not right on at least three levels.
    This new boyfriend of who? Who are you talking about? That's where I'm lost. He's the boyfriend of your wife? Your gay friend? Your male friend of the ex who is dating a guy?

You totally and completely lost me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    This new boyfriend of who? Who are you talking about? That's where I'm lost. He's the boyfriend of your wife? Your gay friend? Your male friend of the ex who is dating a guy?

You totally and completely lost me.
    Ok... let's just call them High School Friend (HSF) and New Guy.

HSF was married to my wife's friend. HSF decides he is no longer in love with my wife's friend. They get divorced.

I met New Guy a couple months ago helping my wife's friend move out of the house she had with my HSF. Again about a week ago when we double dated. He called me on Friday to see what I was doing and figured we could grab a beer after work... weirdness ensues.

He called me on Friday to see what I was doing and figured we could grab a beer after work... weirdness ensues.
    Who's He? HSF or friend that is with your wife's best friend who was your HSF's wife.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Who's He? HSF or friend that is with your wife's best friend who was your HSF's wife.
    "He" in this reference is New Guy.

to clarify, I have never thought my HSF was hitting on me, even though it was pretty apparent he was gay for many years.

I didn't even own a cat..
    I'd confront new guy. Let him know that you aren't into men but you are flattered nonetheless. Tell him it's not everyday that you give a man a broner.....

Tell him that the bromance is just a fantasy for him and it will never happen. Then offer him the job of running the camera while you make sweet love to your wife.
    2008 Louis Garneau Sonix 6.4
    2002 KHS Flite 500
    1999 Gary Fisher Big Sur

Misfit Toy
    An attempt at a visual aid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unrequited manlove... not a love story.-hr_man.jpg  
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

Devoid of all flim-flam
    But yur speshul!
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen

a picture is worth at least a dozen posts... gratzi. visual clarity helps, a lot.

Misfit Toy
    Now is where I can add....this happens because you are so damn pretty. I'd tell you to crash on your face, but you've already tried that.....

Seriously, say thanks but no thanks to the guy. Talk to your wife and see if she thinks her friend needs to be told her gaydar is broken.
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast