Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 152
  1. #26
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: pulser955's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,676
    I just watched it and I'm totally on the fence about continuing to watch. Its not the violence that bothers me. Its that they have no creativity. Why does it have to be so predictable? Stop just doing whats in the comic book. Take the show in a different direction. If I was running the show I would have had Rick kill Negan in the first 10 seconds that would shock people.

  2. #27
    Misfit Toy
    Reputation: snapdragen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,363
    I like the way you think pulser955.
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

    Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

  3. #28
    Misfit Toy
    Reputation: snapdragen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,363
    It seemed different - more gratuitous and unnecessary gore perhaps? I kinda knew Glen would be getting killed, "felt it in my bones". I am hoping BadAss Carol comes back this season, she is my spirit animal.
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

    Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

  4. #29
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: pulser955's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    It seemed different - more gratuitous and unnecessary gore perhaps? I kinda knew Glen would be getting killed, "felt it in my bones". I am hoping BadAss Carol comes back this season, she is my spirit animal.
    Carol is kind of my last hope for this show. But seeing how everyone lost there minds just so Negan could look a little extra bad doesn't give me any hope. Maybe is my Military background but they should be acting allot more like a SEAL team and less like a bunch of idiots. Rich should have had someone watching Negan and his guys for a while before going in. And why on earth have they not armored some trucks at this point. Hell why didn't they just go down to any of the military bases in the area and pick up some equipment. If gas is going to unlimited then they need MRABs.

  5. #30
    What the Hell is going on
    Reputation: JaeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,858
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Or when Noah had his face chewed off while Glen watched helplessly.

    Yea I don't get all this outrage. It's like all of a sudden people forgot all the gruesome deaths and F'd up stuff in past episodes.

    I'm thinking a lot of it is because people are just PO'd it was Glen.
    Don't forget Lizzie looking at the flowers. Sheesh, that was way brutal than a baseball batting.
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

  6. #31
    What the Hell is going on
    Reputation: JaeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,858
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeLayne View Post
    Carol is a bad ass and she will probably be instrumental in the rescue with those RPG's they have stashed somewhere but I am not going to watch to find out.
    Good point. I forgot about that.
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

  7. #32
    What the Hell is going on
    Reputation: JaeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,858
    "leaked" youtube video of alternative batting. Now, this one is brutal.

    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

  8. #33
    LWP
    LWP is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser955 View Post
    I just watched it and I'm totally on the fence about continuing to watch. Its not the violence that bothers me. Its that they have no creativity. Why does it have to be so predictable? Stop just doing whats in the comic book. Take the show in a different direction. If I was running the show I would have had Rick kill Negan in the first 10 seconds that would shock people.
    They've actually altered quite a bit from what's in the comic. But it's based on the comic so if they just tossed the comic in the fire and did whatever they wanted for the whole thing, there would be just as many people complaining that none of it was like in the comic. They can't win with everybody. My preference is to stay at least somewhat close to the comic. I don't mind if they switch out which character dies or how they handle a situation here and there but if I'm watching a movie or show based on a comic or a book, I don't like it when they get too carried away with the artistic license. There are a lot of movies based on books I really like that I don't like just because they strayed so far from what it was based on.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

  9. #34
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: upstateSC-rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,492
    Can someone tell me about these comics? Has the whole series been written in comic form and it's now finished?
    If not, how far ahead are the comics?
    Do tell.
    In reference to the Assault on Mt Mitchell...
    Quote Originally Posted by merckx56
    The easier solution is to find a biker bar in Spartanburg the night before, go in and pick a fight. The ass-whipping you'll get will be far less painful than the one Mitchell will give you the next day!

  10. #35
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10,240
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser955 View Post
    Stop just doing whats in the comic book. Take the show in a different direction.
    They did. That's a different show.... it's called Fear the Walking Dead.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  11. #36
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: pulser955's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    They did. That's a different show.... it's called Fear the Walking Dead.
    And it sucks. I watched the first season and I just wanted everyone to get killed off. The only one that was any good was the old Mexican dude.

  12. #37
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10,240
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser955 View Post
    And it sucks. I watched the first season and I just wanted everyone to get killed off. The only one that was any good was the old Mexican dude.
    See.... because they didn't follow the comic. ;) Careful what you wish for.

    I agree, the first season was pretty bad. I was going to quit it, but stuck in and it did get better.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  13. #38
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    268
    Season 2 of Fear is much better. I see the point of season 1, to truly show how things came to be, but they were too slow with it. The way season 2 ended, should have been the way season 1 ended.

  14. #39
    LWP
    LWP is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider View Post
    Can someone tell me about these comics? Has the whole series been written in comic form and it's now finished?
    If not, how far ahead are the comics?
    Do tell.
    The comic series is still ongoing. It's a good bit ahead of the show but not so far ahead that the show couldn't catch up if they wanted it to. I think it'd be kinda cool if they caught the show up to the comic at some point and wrapped up both series at the same time. Many of the issues are very expensive now and #1 is ridiculous so there's no way I'd buy the paper copies. I get the digital version. They're also available as a compendium. There are 3 volumes available right now that cover through #144. The series is currently at #157 so they get you pretty close to caught up. They run about $30 - $35 each.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

  15. #40
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,743
    Quote Originally Posted by LWP View Post
    Abraham's death was a show addition not from the comic. It was the only real disappointment in last night's episode for me. I think killing him first watered down the impact of Glenn's death... which is an extremely major event in the comic and an important turning point for the group going forward. I will give Abraham points for one last good quote though.
    I think that was a very good move, especially in light of how many people have read the comic. I haven't, but I knew it was Glen who Negan killed. So when he struck Abraham, I was once again disappointed in how this show for the last few seasons, always seems to wimp out when it comes to stuff affecting the core characters. Sure, people die, but they're the secondary cast. You know that Rick, Daryl, Glen, Maggie, Carol, Michonne will somehow make it out unscathed.

    So I'm like, man, they wimped out again, and made it Abraham instead of Glen. And then out of the blue, Negan turns and clocks him. Made the impact of it just that much more devastating. You thought he was gonna survive, and then........................
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

  16. #41
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,743
    Quote Originally Posted by MoPho View Post
    Of course it was too much, the intent was to break the audience in the same way Negan was trying to break Rick.


    .
    Exactly. It was like you were there in the circle with them, experiencing what they were.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

  17. #42
    LWP
    LWP is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I think that was a very good move, especially in light of how many people have read the comic. I haven't, but I knew it was Glen who Negan killed. So when he struck Abraham, I was once again disappointed in how this show for the last few seasons, always seems to wimp out when it comes to stuff affecting the core characters. Sure, people die, but they're the secondary cast. You know that Rick, Daryl, Glen, Maggie, Carol, Michonne will somehow make it out unscathed.

    So I'm like, man, they wimped out again, and made it Abraham instead of Glen. And then out of the blue, Negan turns and clocks him. Made the impact of it just that much more devastating. You thought he was gonna survive, and then........................
    That's a good point. Regardless, for the ongoing story to remain even somewhat intact, fans liking it or not, Glenn had to go in this round. There would have been no good way for them to sidestep it without completely changing things going forward. So, even though I like the Glenn character, I'm glad they didn't wimp out.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

  18. #43
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,743
    And they kinda had to do it. If for no other reason, just to reinforce the fact that this is a zombie apocalypse, and no one is safe, no one is immune.

    If you go through season after season where your heroes fall into dire predicaments, only to escape them unharmed, unaffected, the dire predicaments lose their direness. The show loses its dramatic effect. Cause you know everything in the end is gonna turn out ok for our heroes.

    It's good to be reminded that it doesn't. It's better TV for the viewer when they know that any one of these characters can die at any time.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

  19. #44
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Tschai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by LWP View Post
    I don't mind if they switch out which character dies or how they handle a situation here and there but if I'm watching a movie or show based on a comic or a book, I don't like it when they get too carried away with the artistic license. There are a lot of movies based on books I really like that I don't like just because they strayed so far from what it was based on.
    I once felt the same, but realized that film and books are two completely different types of art. It's like comparing a song inspired by a painting. You can't really say, well, the song was OK, but the painting was much better.

    Anyway, I try not to compare. If I'm doing it anyway in my head, I keep it to myself.
    “Man may trust man, Prince Elric, but perhaps we'll never have a truly sane world until men learn to trust mankind. That would mean the death of magic, I think.”

  20. #45
    LWP
    LWP is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Tschai View Post
    I once felt the same, but realized that film and books are two completely different types of art. It's like comparing a song inspired by a painting. You can't really say, well, the song was OK, but the painting was much better.

    Anyway, I try not to compare. If I'm doing it anyway in my head, I keep it to myself.
    I don't compare in an attempt to say one medium is better than the other. I just think it's possible to go too far with the artistic license. A really easy example, the changes they made to the Lord of the Rings movies as compared to the books were noticeable but didn't take them so far from their source material that it became ridiculous. The Hobbit movies, on the other hand...
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

  21. #46
    What the Hell is going on
    Reputation: JaeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,858
    I'm still in a little daze over last weeks episode (I need to know that Rick and Maggie are OK) but this weeks episode is all about Morgan and Carol and some King Ezekiel making a booty call on Carol. IS RICK AND MAGGIE OK?
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

  22. #47
    LWP
    LWP is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,300
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

  23. #48
    What the Hell is going on
    Reputation: JaeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,858
    Negan is an idiot if he thinks everything is cool between Dwight and himself. There is no way that Dwight is "cool" with Negan taking his wife and burning his face. I like where this Dwight and Sherry story arc is gong. My memory is bad but Tara and Dr. Dre are still out on a supply run, right?
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

  24. #49
    LWP
    LWP is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by JaeP View Post
    Negan is an idiot if he thinks everything is cool between Dwight and himself. There is no way that Dwight is "cool" with Negan taking his wife and burning his face.
    I'm sure Negan knows he's not cool with it. I think he just trusts in his methods to keep people doing what he wants them to do. Dwight doesn't want to watch his wife have a date with Lucille or on one of those stakes or working the fences. Fear may not inspire true loyalty but it can inspire solid obedience.

    Quote Originally Posted by JaeP View Post
    My memory is bad but Tara and Dr. Dre are still out on a supply run, right?
    Yep.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

  25. #50
    Misfit Toy
    Reputation: snapdragen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,363
    I didn't finish last night's episode, got pretty boring watching Negan strut around.
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

    Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Walking Dead - Season 7 Preview
    By snapdragen in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-17-2016, 08:03 PM
  2. The Walking Dead: Season 6
    By JaeP in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 309
    Last Post: 04-19-2016, 07:07 PM
  3. Walking Dead Season 5 mid season return
    By JaeP in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 04-01-2015, 04:41 PM
  4. Walking Dead season 5 trailer!
    By pulser955 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 06:51 AM
  5. Walking Dead Season 4 Premier
    By JaeP in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •