Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    I enjoyed last night's episode. I don't think it was about Negan strutting around, I think it was about his system of breaking people down so that they'll do his will without having to be babysat all the time. He spent most of the episode doing the "who's your buddy?" thing with an occasional "stern parent" thrown in all the while making it clear that he isn't their buddy or parent, he's their owner. I feel like we're supposed to hate him, he killed beloved characters and he's oppressing the group, but I can't help liking him. It probably helps that he's being well acted.

People ask a lot of this show. There's a lot of "my porridge is too hot, my porridge is too cold" among the viewers. If it's more character development oriented, people complain there's not enough action. If there's more action, people complain that it's not realistic enough for the circumstances. If they kick the action and violence up to what would probably be somewhat realistic in an apocalypse situation, people complain that they went too far. It seems like it's rarely "just right" for a lot of viewers... yet most keep watching.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LWP View Post
    People ask a lot of this show.
    I agree. I think it's one of the best shows on TV. Enough so that we are buying it episode by episode on Amazon since we don't have AMC. I have a hard time keeping myself from reading this thread even though I stay an episode behind you all.

I mean, what else would I watch, The Voice?

Anxiously awaiting the next season of Narcos.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    I didn't finish last night's episode, got pretty boring watching Negan strut around.
    After re-reading my previous comment, it occurred to me that it sounded an awful lot like I was dismissing or berating your opinion of the episode. That was not at all the intention. I get where you're coming from, I just saw it differently.
    - 10ae1203

What the Hell is going on
    After re-reading my previous comment, it occurred to me that it sounded an awful lot like I was dismissing or berating your opinion of the episode. That was not at all the intention. I get where you're coming from, I just saw it differently.
    That's okay, Snap. I was getting tired of seeing Negan "strutting" around too. I kept on thinking to myself that Rick has become a pantywaist all of a sudden. I liked that Michonne and Rosita were chomping at the bit to fight back. After about 75min into the show I was ready to watch the NFL and then the big reveal about Judith. Holy Cr@p!!!! I was speechless. Then I thought, how come Rick didn't think about Judith when he was wasting Negan's men? I digress . . .

Big Ups to Carl for pulling a gun and firing a warning shot at Negan's men. My opinion about Carl has changed dramatically since the show started.

Was the "death" of Maggie a planned event? What kind of leverage can this information be used for?

Next in the deadpool is Spencer. What a William!

Still waiting for Tara and Dr. Dre to make an appearance.
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

Misfit Toy
    It's OK LWP, we're talking about a TV show and we have different opinions. Personally, I want the old Carol to come back and kick some ass, preferably starting with Negan.
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

Misfit Toy
    Oh lord, remember the jokes about young Carl, always wandering off and almost getting himself killed!
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

Oh lord, remember the jokes about young Carl, always wandering off and almost getting himself killed!
    I remember. I wanted Carl to die as much as I wanted Chris to die (from "Fear the Walking Dead"). Well, Chris is dead (or is he?) and Carl seems to be shaping up to be the man Rick wants him to be (I'm glad).

It's OK LWP, we're talking about a TV show and we have different opinions. Personally, I want the old Carol to come back and kick some ass, preferably starting with Negan.
    That would be nice but I think Carol already had her day in the sun. What is remarkable about this show is that there is a lot of strong female characters. Personally, I would like to see Carol, Tara, Michonne, Sasha, even Enid, set up Negan as a slow pitch ball and have Maggie knock him out of the park (to use a baseball analogy).

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Personally, I want the old Carol to come back and kick some ass, preferably starting with Negan.
    Me too. And, unlike JaeP, I think she will on some level. Her storyline just doesn't feel like a character exit setup right now. But I could be wrong.
    - 10ae1203

Me too. And, unlike JaeP, I think she will on some level. Her storyline just doesn't feel like a character exit setup right now. But I could be wrong.
    I hope Carol isn't being setup for an exit. I believe Carol is still a strong and viable character; it's just that having Carol come to the rescue (again) will be a bit redundant. I hope that it'll be the women on the show who deal out justice. Tara is still in the wilderness. Maggie and Sasha are in Hilltop. Carol is in the Kingdom and Michonne and Rosita are in Alexandria. If The Walking Dead were a chessboard it would seem like Rick's group has a lot of powerful pieces in play.

Cat 6
    I'm a fan of the books but the sing songy Negan schtick is already getting old in live action. It's way over acting and predictable.
    Last edited by chuckice; 11-16-2016 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaeP View Post

Was the "death" of Maggie a planned event? What kind of leverage can this information be used for?
    Hey, hastily, freshly dug graves (and Father Gabriel acting kinda nervous) could mean Rick buried some of the (non-inventoried guns) where Maggie is suppose to be.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Hey, hastily, freshly dug graves (and Father Gabriel acting kinda nervous) could mean Rick buried some of the (non-inventoried guns) where Maggie is suppose to be.
    I wonder if it's gonna bite 'em in the butt if Negan goes to the Hilltop and runs into Maggie...
    - 10ae1203

I wonder if it's gonna bite 'em in the butt if Negan goes to the Hilltop and runs into Maggie...
    In this Sundays trailer they didn't show Negan at Hilltop; just a bunch of his henchmen. I'm glad that Maggie is okay.

Things I liked about last nights episode "Go Getters"

1. Maggie is better than okay. She's a Boss. Gregory, what's her full name?
    2. Enid riding a bike. Enid is the smartest person in The Zombie Apocalypse.
    3. No Negan.
    4. Carl got to first base! (Holding hands while roller skating in said zombie apocalypse comes in a close second).

and finally, I have never wanted a green Gremlin so much in my life!

Seriously, I am confused about the leadership of Hilltop. is Gregory like Oz and Jesus is the little man behind the curtain?

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    2. Enid riding a bike. Enid is the smartest person in The Zombie Apocalypse.
    And roller skating was probably the dumbest thing to do in the Zombie Apocalypse. Neither of them were good at it. If a herd of walkers came out of the woods, roller skates don't come off real fast. You can run through the woods with them on and you can't fight with them on.

is Gregory like Oz and Jesus is the little man behind the curtain?
    Haha good analogy.
    It's probably a job no one else wants since the leader is probably the first to be killed/punished by Negan.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    My AT&T cut out with 5 minutes left in the episode. What did I miss?

Ricardo Cabeza
    That's okay, Snap. I was getting tired of seeing Negan "strutting" around too. I kept on thinking to myself that Rick has become a pantywaist all of a sudden.
    Just wait. He knows if they show any resistance at all Negan will kill them one by one. He is giving the appearance of capitulating because that's what he needs to do to save his people. He's going to let things settle into a routine, let Negan and his men get comfortable thinking they aren't a threat.

Eventually he'll get his opportunity, then WAMMO. Rick will hit hard, he will hit fast, and he will cut the head and shoulders off the Saviors. You watch.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Just wait. He knows if they show any resistance at all Negan will kill them one by one. He is giving the appearance of capitulating because that's what he needs to do to save his people. He's going to let things settle into a routine, let Negan and his men get comfortable thinking they aren't a threat.

Eventually he'll get his opportunity, then WAMMO. Rick will hit hard, he will hit fast, and he will cut the head and shoulders off the Saviors. You watch.
    Why would a "fake acting" Rick allow the ladies in his group to openly (albeit slightly) be defiant towards Negan which would only bring on complications? But deep down I know your sentiments have some merit. It's hard for me to think that Rick would just easily roll over like that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Given that they now know who the real Negan is, and that his followers may not be loyal to any cause other then keeping Negan from killing them for some disciplinary infraction, why didn't Rick just shoot Negan when he was at the front gate?

They're in a fairly secure place and had a bunch of weapons. Rick could have popped Negan, the team them opens fire on anyone outside the gate that didn't lay down their arms, and that would have been that. Negan's team disbands because they really don't like the guy anyway.

Crusty AF
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    Given that they now know who the real Negan is, and that his followers may not be loyal to any cause other then keeping Negan from killing them for some disciplinary infraction, why didn't Rick just shoot Negan when he was at the front gate?

They're in a fairly secure place and had a bunch of weapons. Rick could have popped Negan, the team them opens fire on anyone outside the gate that didn't lay down their arms, and that would have been that. Negan's team disbands because they really don't like the guy anyway.
    I asked the same question after this episode. Carl could have done it in the house when he had the gun raised, and Rick had ample opportunity to mete out some poetic justice with Lucille. It would have ended badly for a bunch of people, but with Negan done in, it would have been short-lived and the Saviors would have been in complete disarray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
    It's all about the legs, lungs, heart and soul. The gear comes after that.

Quote Originally Posted by drussell View Post
    I asked the same question after this episode. Carl could have done it in the house when he had the gun raised, and Rick had ample opportunity to mete out some poetic justice with Lucille. It would have ended badly for a bunch of people, but with Negan done in, it would have been short-lived and the Saviors would have been in complete disarray.
    Let me play devils advocate. It pains me to see Rick acting like a pantywaist but as detached viewers we know and see things Rick can not. Yes, there is dissension in Negan's group. Witness Dwight and the friend he had to track down and kill. Rick is fond of saying "he's got the numbers" which is the only thing Rick truly knows. How many fanatic followers like Simon are waiting in the wings?

Staying put and bidding his time seems like the prudent thing for Rick to do.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Let me play devils advocate. It pains me to see Rick acting like a pantywaist but as detached viewers we know and see things Rick can not. Yes, there is dissension in Negan's group. Witness Dwight and the friend he had to track down and kill. Rick is fond of saying "he's got the numbers" which is the only thing Rick truly knows. How many fanatic followers like Simon are waiting in the wings?

Staying put and bidding his time seems like the prudent thing for Rick to do.
    Yep. To equate it to the real world, how many terrorist groups really go away just because somebody manages to kill the guy with the ball? The majority of the time, somebody else just picks up the ball and it's business as usual. There are, from what we've been shown, at least two people they would have to knock off pretty much at the same time to have even a slight chance. And so far, those two are not often together outside of Negan's headquarters.
    - 10ae1203

Power Puff Girls

I'm glad Tara is okay. Hope Dr Dre (Heath) is fine as well. Speaking of Heath I see a trend in this season's Walking Dead. The emasculation of men (except Negan) and the rise of women taking control; but having Tara finding a colony of women is a bit too much (NTTAWWT).

Cat 6
    S7 officially jumps the shark.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast