Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Crusty AF
    Quote Originally Posted by LWP View Post
    The problem with that scene wasn't the way it was done. It could have worked with a less important character... but everybody knows Rick isn't dying anytime soon and certainly not in some silly situation like that. If they were going to take him out, it would be in some big, dramatic way. Not just getting eaten while trying to hunt a deer. Since we all know that, they're kinda wasting their time trying to make us think otherwise.
    Fully agree. With some of the other deaths over the last few seasons, including Glenn's "first" one under the dumpster, and certainly the season ender/opener, there was a more visceral reaction. With this attempt to portray one, I had no reaction other than "huh?" It was a cheap parlour trick that didn't add anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
    It's all about the legs, lungs, heart and soul. The gear comes after that.

Misfit Toy
    I knew immediately that it was the cow/deer.

I just want to see Negan humiliated.
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    So Carol knows now. Hopefully this will bring a little more action back. Seems like the last 3 episodes were nothing but fillers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Much better episode last night. I like Morgan and have enjoyed every one with a focus on him. The ebb and flow is now solidly pointed to the violence that will probably wait until early next season to fully unfold.

What the Hell is going on
    Granted. Last nights episode is ramping up the show again. For the most part I was never a fan of Morgan when he was introduced back into the group. For me, he enabled Carol (and I hate Carol for that). You can't be a peace-nik in a zombie apocalypse. I mean, if Carol really wanted to be left alone why didn't she just leave "her" cottage in the middle of the night? Don't get me wrong, I understand the existence of Carol and Morgan as a literary device to help remind us of the moral aspects of "kill or be killed" but, Jeebus! Carol, you can no longer hide the fact that you're a changed person (for the better) and kicking zombie ass and the hominids who will hurt you and your group is something you were born to do.

And just to nit pick . . . It was kinda face palm moment when Morgan spilled the beans of Richards plan and King Ezekiel and the gang readily believed him. Just sayin'.
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

I haven't read the source material but is Jesus gay? NTTAWWT.

And I hate Eugene more that Carol & Morgan combined.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JaeP View Post
    I'm not at all convinced he's gone Negan, I think he has a plan (or at least an idea) working beneath all that hair. But I could be wrong, I think they've made his cowardice level abundantly clear over the seasons. Rosita was beginning to annoy me more than any of them with her obstinate stupidity with the vendetta thing. I like her character so I'm hoping she's really beginning to wake up a little like last night's episode intimated.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

RoadBikeReview Member
    I haven't read the source material but is Jesus gay? NTTAWWT.

Word!
    Wish the girls had a 50 cal so they could've taken out Eugene and Negan at the same time.
    In reference to the Assault on Mt Mitchell...
    Quote Originally Posted by merckx56
    The easier solution is to find a biker bar in Spartanburg the night before, go in and pick a fight. The ass-whipping you'll get will be far less painful than the one Mitchell will give you the next day!

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm not at all convinced he's gone Negan, I think he has a plan (or at least an idea) working beneath all that hair.
    I agree. He knows if he escapes, Negan will find him... then torture him.
    He's doing what everyone else SHOULD be doing. Play along with Negan and bide your time till the right moment. Sasha and Rosita are two of the most pathetic "snipers". No patience.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Sasha and Rosita are two of the most pathetic "snipers". No patience.
    To be fair, they did hear that message over the radio calling for a sweep of the surrounding area including buildings. To me, the smart thing would have been to fall back for a bit and then move back into the sniper spot when things settled down again but Rosita's been acting so stupid with the whole "kill Negan now" thing that there wasn't much chance of her being patient for long. I think that's why Sasha left her outside the fence. She knew Rosita wasn't leaving without someone going in and she would be a huge liability inside with her lack of patience and her level of anger that's blinding her to all reason.
    - 10ae1203

To be fair, they did hear that message over the radio calling for a sweep of the surrounding area including buildings. To me, the smart thing would have been to fall back for a bit and then move back into the sniper spot when things settled down again but Rosita's been acting so stupid with the whole "kill Negan now" thing that there wasn't much chance of her being patient for long. I think that's why Sasha left her outside the fence. She knew Rosita wasn't leaving without someone going in and she would be a huge liability inside with her lack of patience and her level of anger that's blinding her to all reason.
    Well, to dogpile on your logic, why didn't Negan have his own snipers up and about?

Anyway, loved the scenes between Darryl and Maggie. Darryl finally unburdening himself of the guilt of Glenn's death was, for me, sweaty eyeball stuff. I would put up this show against the opulent, costume drama that is "Game of Thrones" any day of the week.

And Eugene . . . you can't really blame him, I guess. He made a cowards move. But looking at this from Eugene's perspective he's in the cat birds seat. If the war with the Saviors looks like they're going to lose, Eugene could do some sort of sabotage and say he was faking it all along but if it looks like the Saviors are going to win then he can say he was always "Negan". The issue is, if Rick's group wins will they accept Eugene back?

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Well, to dogpile on your logic, why didn't Negan have his own snipers up and about?
    I don't know... but my guess would be "arrogance".

loved the scenes between Darryl and Maggie.
    Me too.
    - 10ae1203

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Negan is about brute force in your face intimidation. When he kills someone, it needs to be a big display. A quiet sniper attack is beneath him.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    He's doing what everyone else SHOULD be doing. Play along with Negan and bide your time till the right moment.
    Really bad stuff happens when you play along and bide your time with Negan.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by quikrick1 View Post
    Really bad stuff happens when you play along and bide your time with Negan.
    Yeah, but really bad stuff happens even sooner when you tell him to go fork himself.
    - 10ae1203

RoadBikeReview Member
    No chatter after the last episode? Come on now people, what else are bicycle forums for?
    I thought Sasha's Damsel-in-Distress plea to Eugene was real so I got played there although I would've been much happier if she had taken him out when they were in the cell together. Did I ever mention how much I despise him? If not, let it be noted.
    She was disappointed in not getting a shank but I'm sure she'll find a use for the pill.

As far as Dwayne goes it could go either way for me but I'm leaning towards taking his word and that he really has had enough of Negan's crap.

Season Finale prediction? Gonna go on the limb and say the Tiger beats the crap out of Negan with Lucille.
    In reference to the Assault on Mt Mitchell...
    Quote Originally Posted by merckx56
    The easier solution is to find a biker bar in Spartanburg the night before, go in and pick a fight. The ass-whipping you'll get will be far less painful than the one Mitchell will give you the next day!

Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider View Post
    No chatter after the last episode? Come on now people, what else are bicycle forums for?
    I thought Sasha's Damsel-in-Distress plea to Eugene was real so I got played there although I would've been much happier if she had taken him out when they were in the cell together. Did I ever mention how much I despise him? If not, let it be noted.
    She was disappointed in not getting a shank but I'm sure she'll find a use for the pill.

As far as Dwayne goes it could go either way for me but I'm leaning towards taking his word and that he really has had enough of Negan's crap.

Season Finale prediction? Gonna go on the limb and say the Tiger beats the crap out of Negan with Lucille.
    Well . . . . we haven't seen a lot of Karl this season . . . so . . . .

Cat 6
    Second half is even more terrible than expected. All the ridiculous plot holes and this new junkyard thunderdome raised-by-wolves-speak gang is comically awful. I finally deleted the most recent 2-3 episodes...I'm out.

Misfit Toy
    Still waiting for Carol to come back and open up a can of whoop-ass. Still undecided about Eugene, I like him, but if he's truly become "Negan", then it's his time to go.

Misfit Toy
    Yeah, not liking those characters at all. I'm still hopelessly addicted to the damn show though.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Yeah, not liking those characters at all. I'm still hopelessly addicted to the damn show though.
    The Garbage Pail Kids and the Island of the Power Puff Girls are both show filler that were added, I'm guessing, to provide a larger pool of allies to take on the Saviors. Neither group exists in the comics. The Power Puff Girls, I accepted. The Garbage Pail Kids aren't working too well for me. But I'm in no danger of dropping out.
    - 10ae1203

Cat 6
    The show went to new levels of terrible with Rick/Michonne frolicking around zombie playland...the bandaid is ripped off, finally.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckice View Post
    The show went to new levels of terrible with Rick/Michonne frolicking around zombie playland...the bandaid is ripped off, finally.
    What 'ju talkin 'bout Willis? I find it refreshing that you can still find someone in a zombie Apocalypse and still have some "fun".

Tara flipping off a little kid while taking all their guns was a little harsh.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckice View Post
    What 'ju talkin 'bout Willis? I find it refreshing that you can still find someone in a zombie Apocalypse and still have some "fun".
    I agree with JaeP on that one, nothing wrong with finding time for a little fun if a chance comes along. Never forget the basic premise... this is a show about people, not zombies. The zombies are just a dangerous inconvenience.

Tara flipping off a little kid while taking all their guns was a little harsh.
    The little kid flipped her off first, mainly because she was pissy that the group wouldn't let her kill Tara. So she kinda deserved it.
    - 10ae1203

Cat 6
    To each their own. For me nothing refreshing about the 4th time someone in the band of merry men has fallen through a roof and there's zero drama in these extended zombie clearing scenes when no one ever dies this way. It's boring filler.

Sent from my D6646 using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast