Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Haircut

your text here

Walmart Haircut

so The Wife has been cutting my hair for about 9 years now. a few months ago she took a stand and refused to cut it, starting a haircut cold war. she stated i needed to go somewhere and get it done. i refused until it was really bad.

the week before teh lounge ride i went to a sport clips and had a horrible experience. when i got home The Wife asked if it had even been cut. while i was in teh chair getting nothing done i looked around and realized i was in the wrong place. the only haircuts they were doing were buzz cuts and fauxhawks. and the customers reminded me of the people i see in teh line for subway at walmart.

thats when it hit me: has walmart partnered with cost cutters or great clips or sport clips? imagine how much they could clean up if they had a sport clips in the superwalmart locations. they could sell the heck outta some impulse buy things, and maybe a few tvs as well.

just a thought.

and i have had my hair cut at a walmart once. not a proud night, but The Wife and i were headed into the city and she had cut my hair earlier that morning. she missed a spot, so we pulled into a walmart parking lot and she snipped it using my pocket knife.
    good times.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

Seat's not level
    I go to great clips. I've had some cuts better than others, but they do okay. It's only hair.
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know. -- Abraham Lincoln, Unknown , Unknown

waterproof*
    Robo cut. I ain't seen a barber, or paid fer a haircut, in years.
    * not actually a Rock Star

Grey Manrod
    I've been cutting my own hair for a few years. I've just started going back to the barber, mainly because (1) we re-modeled the bathroom with the fold-out mirror I used; and (2) clean-up is a real PITA.

Can't say they do a much better job than I do, and it costs me $14.00 bucks after tip.

waterproof*
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland
    I've been cutting my own hair for a few years. I've just started going back to the barber, mainly because (1) we re-modeled the bathroom with the fold-out mirror I used; and (2) clean-up is a real PITA.

Can't say they do a much better job than I do, and it costs me $14.00 bucks after tip.
    not to mention the time wasted, which to me was always the biggest hassle. I hated spedning precious free time sitting in an uncomfortable chair reading old magazines.

Tig
    Valar Morghulis
    After getting the worstest haircut in my entire life at the local Fantastic Sams, I pulled out the dog shears and attached the longest guard and repaired the job. I haven't gone back since, and my hair looks better than ever.

Yes, self haircuts make a mess, but brooms need lovin' too.

Tig
    Valar Morghulis
    Quote Originally Posted by weltyed
    the only haircuts they were doing were buzz cuts and fauxhawks. .
    Did you have something like this in mind?

RoadBikeReview Member
    You have to develop a relationship with your barber and the barber shop; it's more than getting someone to zip your hair with some clippers.
    ----------------
    I am participating in the 2012 Tour de Cure to raise money to Help Stop Diabetes. Please Click Here to view my page or if you would like to make a donation.

n00bsauce
    Real men go to real barbers. The kind with the barber pole out front and a 'merican flag waving. Real barber chairs with real man talk. Oh, and neck shaves, too.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson

still shedding season
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Erickson
    Real men go to real barbers. The kind with the barber pole out front and a 'merican flag waving. Real barber chairs with real man talk. Oh, and neck shaves, too.
    Yer doin it right. This, and mine is even an NNC-er. 15 minutes later, I'm out the door.

Uw zadel is niet waterpas
    D@mn right. John Wayne never went to no Best Clips.

It's not TOO Cold!
    Welty,

You should have paid her, or you know, offerred an exchange of services ;)
    “Some truths are eternal, you can’t go high on a prop!” - BBC Commentator, France @ England 6 Nations Rugby. 02/26/2011

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Walker
    You have to develop a relationship with your barber and the barber shop; it's more than getting someone to zip your hair with some clippers.
    What he said. Maybe take a six pack next time you go in.

Frog Whisperer
    have your work wife do it......that'll bring your wife around
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right......

Proud luddite
    I go to a cosmetology school and get my hair cut for $5. The students there always do a great job and you can't beat the price.

Tig
    Valar Morghulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Aindreas
    D@mn right. John Wayne never went to no Best Clips.
    Yep, he went to the Rug Shop!

your text here
    i cant go to a barber as i have a non-manly haircut. back in the day i would hit lehmans barbershop on the way home from school. 10 minute buzz cut. plus he had archie and casper comics. and playboys.

i hate the cleanup of the cut at home. but we usually do it on cleaning day, and i have to scrub the floors anyway. The Wife still hasnt figured out she could charge me...

every spring i tell myself im gonna just buzz my hair, but i get white mans fro if it is inbetween short and long. and i have dinner plates for ears.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

I like waterboarding...
    This

20 bucks gets me a REAL hair cut and a straight razor neck/side burns shave.
    .......__o
    .......\ <,
    ....( )/ ( )

waterproof*
    how often do you guys who go to barbers get your hair cut? 2x a month?

Captain Obvious
    i usually get my haircut by a cute italian girl.
    And it just hurts in the very best way possible without a high priced dominatrix.---Ronsonic

I'm pretty confident that I've pissed off several dozen random strangers on the internet tonight.---Creakyknees

disclaimer---I make sh!t up as I go along.

Captain Obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    i get my hair cut about once every 3 months. let it grow out kinda long and get it cut really short. i prefer my hair short, the wife likes it long. (that's what she said!!)
    And it just hurts in the very best way possible without a high priced dominatrix.---Ronsonic

I'm pretty confident that I've pissed off several dozen random strangers on the internet tonight.---Creakyknees

disclaimer---I make sh!t up as I go along.

Squirrel Hunter
    Feb 2003

Trim

Quote Originally Posted by weltyed
    ... a few months ago she took a stand and refused to cut it, starting a haircut cold war. she stated i needed to go somewhere and get it done....
    Go to some expensive styling salon and get your hair cut by the hottest chick there. Tell your wife about all the bewbie rubbin you got while sitting in the chair. Be sure to get your hair washed too, cost more and feels great having a woman run her hands through your hair.

After you go home and tell your wife Honey, I got some really good Trim and it only cost me $50. Between the cost and the sexual tension your wife will be back on board with her wifely duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain
    I go to great clips. I've had some cuts better than others, but they do okay. It's only hair.
    I have had pretty good luck with Great Clips although my haircut is nothing exotic. Number 6 on the sides and blended into the top. Occasional job that is not quite right but does not look moronic, grows out quick enough. Half the price of the "barber" downtown and I don't need an appointment or a half hour to get some trim.
    Luck is the intersection of preparation and opportunity.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Real barbershop, same barber for years. They get to know the shape of your head, where the funny patches are, and what kind of haircut you like.

haircut, neck shave, ear hairs trimmed, man-talk - $15 every 2-3 weeks.

Real barbershops have Playboy magazine, also.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    I started cutting my own hair in college (whole head with clippers, 4 different lengths). After I got my first real job, I went to a froo froo stylist charging $40 a cut for about a year, which was great, but I soon realized I did almost as good a job by myself. Been cutting my own hair since with the same.

n00bsauce
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    Maybe once a month. It really depends on when I get around to it and how many people are waiting. The barber shop I go to has big picture windows across the front. I drive by and look if there's anyone waiting and whether both barbers are working. I usually go at lunch time so sometimes one of the barbers is at lunch. If no one is waiting or only one person is waiting but both barbers are working I park and go in. If two or more people are waiting I don't stop. They know my car and see me looking in and wave as I go by. They know if I'll be stopping in or not. $15 plus tip.

I'm kinda bummed lately. The owner has semi-retired and only works a few hours a week. He's never working anymore when I stop in. The banter with him was the best. The two barbers who work most of the time are still good but Denny was the best to talk smack with.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast