Ricardo Cabeza

weekend at the track

what a blast!! We had a nice fast course at MIR, starting in the Carousel through the Ems and the 90s, just enough to get a taste of the road course. The fast course meant the high horsepower cars cleaned up, but I still managed to keep it close (except for those two pro guys on Saturday, jeez they were fast). I won my class (NXE) on Saturday, finished 3rd on Sunday and moved into second overall in the points standings. Overall finish disappointing but expected due to the fast nature of the course. We little guys just don't have the HP to keep up to the Corvettes and the Mustangs. I shaved another 1.3 seconds off my competition time during the fun runs afterwards, which would have put me second in NXE but that's the way it goes Still learning this stuff it looks like. But I'm having a blast and beating people, and getting lots of attaboys. Looking back at the video from my first few events, I sure have gotten faster.

Best Saturday run:

NASA July 13 2013 Run 6 - YouTube

best Sunday run

IMG 2159 - YouTube

results thread at Memphis Racing

July NASAX Results and Media
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Not a rocket surgeon.
    Nov 2008
    Looks like fun.

RoadBikeReview Member
    What GPS unit were you using for the HUD? If I see right you managed to have a segment of a track laid out on it.

Otherwise, cool beans

Ricardo Cabeza
    I use TrackAddict on my iPhone, it collects video, position, speed, and g force using the iPhone sensors. The software can render it all to video like you see there. The best part is it was $7. If the car were an OBDII, I could tie into that data as well but the car a 1987.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    oh, so it produces a custom layout after a drive? Pretty spiffy.

Eddy 53:11
    Too much fun. CRX??
    Live vicariously through yourself.

Ricardo Cabeza
    yep..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails weekend at the track-imgp1638.jpg   weekend at the track-imgp3344.jpg  

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Sweet videos. What is creaking in the car though? The seat? That would drive me crazy even on a race car.

Eddy 53:11
    I had a cherry 84' and a 91' . . . . Jr. Prom . . LOL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails weekend at the track-image-3.jpg  
    Live vicariously through yourself.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    Sweet videos. What is creaking in the car though? The seat? That would drive me crazy even on a race car.
    maybe, or just a 25 year old car that's been raced. or the driver

SuperAndy's Garage