Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    919

    What cycling can I get with a Roku stick?

    Cyclingfanstv, TDF, classics, regular internet??

    I have wifi and a compatible TV and cut the cable a few years ago. I'm willing to pay $10 - $20/month for subscriptions.

    Would a chrome cast be any better?

  2. #2
    Darling of The Lounge
    Reputation: Retro Grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,720
    The cheapest option would be to go to steephill.tv on your laptop and connect to your TV using an HDMI cable.

    An alternative would be to find some dude in a back alley selling Rasberry Pi 3s loaded with Kodi

  3. #3
    Proud luddite
    Reputation: azpeterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,479
    We subscribe to NBC Gold and for $30/year we get complete coverage of the Giro, TDF and La Vuelta....the entire stage without any commercials. It's worth it just for that, and of course you can watch the entire broadcast whenever you want if you can't catch it live. They also cover other events during the course of the year, including Paris-Roubaix tomorrow. It's a great deal.

  4. #4
    Eddy 53:11
    Reputation: JetSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,024
    So, NO Paris Roubaix tomorrow w/o spending $30? I could not find Flanders last week . . .
    Live vicariously through yourself.
    There are no physical laws that govern the will.

  5. #5
    Darling of The Lounge
    Reputation: Retro Grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,720
    Quote Originally Posted by JetSpeed View Post
    So, NO Paris Roubaix tomorrow w/o spending $30? I could not find Flanders last week . . .
    Steephill online will have the European feeds of PR. I'm connecting my laptop to my TV to watch it.

  6. #6
    Use my Apps :)
    Reputation: MisterMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by JetSpeed View Post
    I could not find Flanders last week . . .
    Really? What country. I found at least two YouTube live feeds. Chromecasted them to the TV and enjoyed the best streaming quality and most reliable feed in years. Not the pixelated mess typical with the cyclingfans.com links. For Roubaix I'll just be content with watching the NBCSports delayed show Monday evening.
    "My Elevation" provides accurate elevation information on your Android device wherever you are or wherever you search. Accurate elevation, weather conditions and related Wikipedia data on just about anyplace on the planet!
    Get it on Google Play!

  7. #7
    Eddy 53:11
    Reputation: JetSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMike View Post
    Really? What country. I found at least two YouTube live feeds. Chromecasted them to the TV and enjoyed the best streaming quality and most reliable feed in years. Not the pixelated mess typical with the cyclingfans.com links. For Roubaix I'll just be content with watching the NBCSports delayed show Monday evening.
    I was looking for US TV broadcasts. I can't watch live; have to be somewhere.
    Live vicariously through yourself.
    There are no physical laws that govern the will.

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    An alternative would be to find some dude in a back alley selling Rasberry Pi 3s loaded with Kodi
    Or try searching on ebay instead

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: MoonHowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    We subscribe to NBC Gold and for $30/year we get complete coverage of the Giro, TDF and La Vuelta....the entire stage without any commercials. It's worth it just for that, and of course you can watch the entire broadcast whenever you want if you can't catch it live. They also cover other events during the course of the year, including Paris-Roubaix tomorrow. It's a great deal.
    I subscribe to NBC Gold as well; IMO nice selections of races that you can watch any time for $30 a year.

  10. #10
    Eddy 53:11
    Reputation: JetSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,024
    Cool. Gotta get up to speed on this crap.
    Live vicariously through yourself.
    There are no physical laws that govern the will.

Similar Threads

  1. Roku 3 or...?
    By nOOky in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-01-2015, 03:34 AM
  2. Roku 2 and Pro Cycling even possible?
    By rydbyk in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2013, 06:38 AM
  3. NBC Uni (and VS) on Roku 2
    By InfiniteLoop in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 06:57 AM
  4. should i roku?
    By asciibaron in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 11:12 AM
  5. Roku or GoogleTV?
    By Bocephus Jones II in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 11:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •