Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the fist

What was the new "forum pact"

Please explain.

What did you say? Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by teh moreon
    Please explain.
    Teh 1st roole abowt f()r*m P@(t is taht you DON'T TALK about f()r*m P@(t...
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

You're Not the Boss of Me
    Seriously, I've followed the sticky thread above closely and I saw no pact, no new rules, just an open air discussion. So my answer to your question is that there is none.
    JESUS IS COMING

... look busy

Shirtcocker
    Please explain.
    PLEASE don't go there. You might bring Sloan back...I hear if you say his screen name 3x he creates another pact.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

banned
    Please explain.
    from what I could glean "no nipples"

I guess tan lines are OK

peace
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Palm trees & sunshine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    PLEASE don't go there. You might bring Sloan back...I hear if you say his screen name 3x he creates another pact.

And they say there's no wit 'round these part anymore.

supervillain

Call me a Fred
    Was this the pact that we signed in blood when the moon was full?
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

banned

with all soruces of great wisdom

... I googled Lounge Forum Pact and these images came up randomly.

peace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What was the new "forum pact"-lounge.650.jpg   What was the new "forum pact"-nuns.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

tofurkey hunting
    "teh pact" was one in which the more intelligent, but no longer heavy posting, members of the lounge agreed that they were smarter than those who currently post. furthermore, they agreed that posters of the past were smarter and more witty than current posters. IME, that's the pact that has p!ssed off a few members, some of whom have remained silent about it. unfounded arrogance is rarely sexy, and never appreciated. ymmv, etc etc

of course, as pacts go, this one was silent and this is only my estimation of such pact.
    i know i painted you a prettier picture, baby...my fiction beats the hell out of my truth

a jumped up pantry boy
    Quote Originally Posted by jtolleson
    Seriously, I've followed the sticky thread above closely and I saw no pact, no new rules, just an open air discussion. So my answer to your question is that there is none.
    i think were in the same boat. maybe it is just a trick to further stir up lounge nationalism.

here is the only rule i follow; dont say anything online that you wouldnt feel comfortable saying to someone else in person. i dont think thats too much to ask.
    I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
    And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
    And in short, I was afraid.

banned
    Aug 2006
    Small particles of plastic will be spread onto a slice of bread with a very blunt knife. Thats the pact, Jack.

The expressed opinions of 2-3 people in a 200 post thread does not a pact make.
    JESUS IS COMING

... look busy

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ampastoral
    "teh pact" was one in which the more intelligent, but no longer heavy posting, members of the lounge agreed that they were smarter than those who currently post. furthermore, they agreed that posters of the past were smarter and more witty than current posters. IME, that's the pact that has p!ssed off a few members, some of whom have remained silent about it. unfounded arrogance is rarely sexy, and never appreciated. ymmv, etc etc

of course, as pacts go, this one was silent and this is only my estimation of such pact.
    yes. have you signed it already? you have 24hrs to do so otherwise you won't be allowed to post anymore... plus you have to send me $100 to make you a copy.
    (since you are not as inteligent as those who left you will probably pay me).

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Biker On Acid
    ... I googled Lounge Forum Pact and these images came up randomly.

peace
    i heard you will be nominated for the nobel peace prize. "best and sexiest political action".

tofurkey hunting
    The expressed opinions of 2-3 people in a 200 post thread does not a pact make.
    agreed. but if you consider the number of posts expressing that opinion and also factor in the number of people expressed the opinion and then modified it b/c they were called on being arrogant, the 2-3 number is several factors higher. regardless, my point is that any "backlash" from the thread is in regard to those sentiments, whether they be a "pact" or not....again, i don't consider it a "pact", but rather a group of ignorant, insulting, and half baked group of opinions....ymmv etc etc
    i know i painted you a prettier picture, baby...my fiction beats the hell out of my truth

Shirtcocker
    but rather a group of ignorant, insulting, and half baked group of opinions....ymmv etc etc
    hey...that should be the new lounge description!
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

What did you say? Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    hey...that should be the new lounge description!
    Sorry Beej, that description is already copyrighted & etc by PO
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

tofurkey hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    yes. have you signed it already? you have 24hrs to do so otherwise you won't be allowed to post anymore... plus you have to send me $100 to make you a copy.
    (since you are not as inteligent as those who left you will probably pay me).
    how do you spell $100? that line of the check always gets me.....

banned
    agreed. but if you consider the number of posts expressing that opinion and also factor in the number of people expressed the opinion and then modified it b/c they were called on being arrogant, the 2-3 number is several factors higher. regardless, my point is that any "backlash" from the thread is in regard to those sentiments, whether they be a "pact" or not....again, i don't consider it a "pact", but rather a group of ignorant, insulting, and half baked group of opinions....ymmv etc etc
    so when a lot of people happen to have dissonant opinions than yours they are a bunch of ignorant, insulting and half baked group of opinions. my mileage varies a LOT. conclusion being:
    it's you x them. i agree w/ that. there is no pact and there is no fix. let's fuel the hatred and stop talking about the love. it's not the 60s anyways huh? let's rock and roll. let's insult each other.

I think some people are placing a handful of opinions under a microscope, labeling them with a level of collective authority that they lack, and doing so just so they can find something to be offended by.

I stand by my opinion that you're talking about 2-3 posts/posters that used phrases that prickled folks. People need to get over it. Perpetuating the myth in this thread so that folks can remain "offended," or starting "I'm leaving" threads showing nuclear bomb detonation footage, etc. is in my view both silly and destructive.
    JESUS IS COMING

... look busy

tofurkey hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    so when a lot of people happen to have dissonant opinions than yours they are a bunch of ignorant, insulting and half baked group of opinions. my mileage varies a LOT. conclusion being:
    it's you x them. i agree w/ that. there is no pact and there is no fix. let's fuel the hatred and stop talking about the love. it's not the 60s anyways huh? let's rock and roll. let's insult each other.
    disagreeing with me is usually a sign of inteligence. the ingnorance, IME, comes from ths general formulation:

i don't hang out here because there isn't as much wit and intellignece.

i do think that's crap. it's one thing to say, i'm here trying to make this place smart, but GD, nobody can keep up. to claim lack of participation as proof of lack of wit is void of logic. i think there's a ton of wit of all varieties. if someone's brand of "intelligence" is different than mine, that's fine by me. i was ruffled by the arrogance and the lack of "live and let live" attitude in the other thread. my contribution to this thread was merely meant to point that out as the possible reason why some have been put off....

i just haven't seen that sort of pretense outside of graduate writing programs (usually the poets) ;), nttawwt, etc etc, and so on

Windrider (Stubborn)

Pot.......

meet kettle.

Opinions you don't agree with doesn't make those that hold them "ignorat."

Len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

tofurkey hunting
    I think some people are placing a handful of opinions under a microscope, labeling them with a level of collective authority that they lack, and doing so just so they can find something to be offended by.

I stand by my opinion that you're talking about 2-3 posts/posters that used phrases that prickled folks. People need to get over it. Perpetuating the myth in this thread so that folks can remain "offended," or starting "I'm leaving" threads showing nuclear bomb detonation footage, etc. is in my view both silly and destructive.
    look, i don't care to go count posts, etc. i was just trying to answer the OPs question. i didn't think there was a pact, nor do i now. i had a feeling about the tone of sections (as large or small as they may have been) of the thread and spoke to that.

honestly, i think the "get over it" sentiment could have ended that thread at about 6 posts...i'm not trying to drag this out the same way, so consider this "myth"ical opinion silenced regarding the matter.

tofurkey hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Len J
    meet kettle.

Opinions you don't agree with doesn't make those that hold them "ignorat."

Len
    did you read my subsequent post explaining that..

here it is again
    disagreeing with me is usually a sign of inteligence. the ingnorance, IME, comes from ths general formulation:

i don't hang out here because there isn't as much wit and intelligence.

banned

i don't hang out here because there isn't as much wit and intellignece.

i do think that's crap. it's one thing to say, i'm here trying to make this place smart, but GD, nobody can keep up. to claim lack of participation as proof of lack of wit is void of logic. i think there's a ton of wit of all varieties. if someone's brand of "intelligence" is different than mine, that's fine by me. i was ruffled by the arrogance and the lack of "live and let live" attitude in the other thread. my contribution to this thread was merely meant to point that out as the possible reason why some have been put off....

i just haven't seen that sort of pretense outside of graduate writing programs (usually the poets) ;), nttawwt, etc etc, and so on
    your argument is flawed. the forum is a virtual cocktail.. if your taste is offended by some posts or the attitude implied in them there is no way you will bring anything to it. you go somewhere else.
    it's simple and logic.
    i won't go anywhere. i will stay and hammer whatever i find wrong. if it's the entire forum i don't care. i'm stubborn and i resist nuclear explosions.
    btw.. this thread is pure provocation and it won't end very well. btw2.. it seems there is a lot of anger, frustration and hatred "in the air" .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast