Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beetpull DeLite
    I grew up in central KY and went to UK. Never have been on a tour of a distillery.

Non non normal
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
    I have not gone on a tour of the Paul Revere house, though I have seen the outside. I have not gone on a tour of Harvard, though I have been there many times.

I have done most of the other touristy things - walked the Commons, seen the USS Constitution, the art museum(s), the orchestra, duck boat tour, seen the glass flowers, been to Fenway, seen the smallest park in the US, gone to the Harbor Islands, etc...

There is a lot of touristy stuff to do here in the greater Boston area. Most of it is worth doing, if somewhat pricey. Particularly if you are a history or culture buff. Some of it is a let down, if you aren't a history buff. For example, the Commons is nice and has a lot of history, but it's not this gorgeous park or anything.
    I don't know why but I always liked walking the Commons, especially in the wintertime when the skaters were out. I saw Santana in the Commons.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Iím in the NYC Ďburbs, work in Brooklyn, so only feel the desire to visit ďthe cityĒ, as Manhattan is known, on occasion.

Thereís just a ton of tourist stuff Iíve never done, mostly as a lot of the attractions are just over-run with tourists.

That said, itís been maybe 50 years since I went up the Empire State Building, last time I tried, the wait was hours. Iíve been up the Statue of Liberty, on the Staten Island Ferry, done the Circle Line and Dayline. Been to the Intrepid, walked the Highline, been to Yankee stadium, new and old. Head to WoHop all the time, done New Years Eve at Times Square twice, been to Radio City Music Hall, but not the Met Opera. Biked the Brooklyn Bridge a lot. Biked in Manhatten and all over NYC on the NYC Century a few times.

I need to go to CitiField and see the Mets.

Never taken an open bus tour.

And itís NY so a bazillion other things Iíve missed.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
    And itís NY so a bazillion other things Iíve missed.
    I grew up just a short trip away in the Poconos. There was a fair bit of animosity between the locals there (i.e. my parents, friends, and neighbors) and "transplants from the City". As a result, I never had any interest in visiting while I lived there. So, other than a couple class trips to MOMA, and the Statue of Liberty, I haven't seen anything in NYC.

I'm pretty disappointed by that now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno View Post
    I grew up in Hawaii. I have never surfed.
    Yeah, but surfing isn't (mainly) for tourists. Next contestant.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2017
    I live near Asheville, NC, so I try to stay as far away from downtown as possible. The people there are mostly idiots and/or creep me out, and I always end up mad when I have to go there.

Banned forever.....or not
    I grew up near Chicago and I've never shot anyone.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY View Post
    I grew up near Chicago and I've never shot anyone.
    Yeah, but how many have you dropped along the way!

Seat's not level
    Never climbed a 14er...
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

Spring is here... snowflakes are melting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Probably going in the Old North Church. There might be bigger tourist things I haven't done but given that I live literally feet from it that's the one that sticks out most.

The Museum of Fine Arts is about the only tourist thing I take the initiative to see myself.....but thanks to getting a lot of visitors from elsewhere who want to do the tourist thing I have been to most of them.

DBT
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    I'm sure there is something touristy that I haven't done, but I am drawing a blank.

I had probably been here for 21 or 22 years before walking across the Golden Gate Bridge. Ridden and driven many times.

An Alcatraz tour was similar.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Liberty Bell.

I have driven by where I think it is now, within a few blocks I guess, countless times during the past 40 years. I've never actually seen the damn thing.

It's not on any to-do list I have or expect to have. It's a bell, FFS. A cracked bell. I like my bells to be not cracked.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Liberty Bell.

I have driven by where I think it is now, within a few blocks I guess, countless times during the past 40 years. I've never actually seen the damn thing.

It's not on any to-do list I have or expect to have. It's a bell, FFS. A cracked bell. I like my bells to be not cracked.
    It was an historic moment in American history, of some sort.

half-fast
    I never saw Bruce Springsteen at the Spectrum.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Never ran up the steps at the Art Museum (Rocky's final running scene).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Liberty Bell.

But I'd bet you rode up "the wall" several times...

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoki View Post
    But I'd bet you rode up "the wall" several times...
    Every day during when they were rebuilding the schuylkill expressway and I lived in roxborough (late 80s?) and worked at 8th and arch.

I commuted in everything except snow, sleet and freezing rain.

Going up the wall after a long day at the office was the icing on the cake.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Liberty Bell.

You'd love Plymouth rock.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Haven't checked out the Freedom Tower yet, but it seems expensive. Don't usually do those things until people visit, so I've taken my Irish cousins to the usual sites. Once the nieces/nephews are old enough we'll take them around.

Would love to check out the "new" Titanosaurus at the Museum of Natural History, and maybe check out some of the smaller museums or walking tours. Have heard great things about Wicked and The Book of Mormon on Broadway, those might be worth a shot.

Cruise ships are docked on the west side, they're impressive, but I'm also not really interested in cruises.

Can't wait to go back to DC, we missed Mr. Rogers' sweater last time! Also the art museum. Trying to get John to do anything that doesn't involve extreme sports is like pulling teeth though

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    You'd love Plymouth rock.
    I'll be sure to see Plymouth Rock when I do my "Go Look At A Rock Tour" after I've completed all the other tours I have lined up -- Check Out This Mound Of Dirt Tour, Pennsylvania's Piles Of Logs Tour, America's Best Loved Culverts Tour, and quite a few other perhaps less exciting tours on my list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12