View Poll Results: Where Will LeBron Play Next Season?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • He goin' to LA.

18 64.29%
  • He goin' to Houston.

1 3.57%
  • He goin' to Philly.

2 7.14%
  • He stayin' in Cleveland

5 17.86%
  • He goin' to a team not in the poll.

0 0%
  • He retiring.

2 7.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    So Lebron is going to be a Clipper? Didn’t see that coming. 😝
    That would be awesome.

Fake President
    Wow, a lot's happened already. And it seems a lot of top-drawer talent isn't waiting around for LeBron.

As in, Paul George... GONE. He'll stay in OKC for 3-4 more years, for a hefty $137 mil.

Kind of a mistake if you ask me, as OKC will be overachieving just to be eliminated in the second round of the playoffs by either the Rockets or the Warriors for the foreseeable future. But word is George really wanted to stay, this wasn't a grudging thing.

However, this somewhat kneecaps the LA Laker 'SuperTeam™' that everyone was theorizing about.

Chris Paul... also GONE. Will stay in Houston 'til he's 37, for a $160 mil pricetag (nice work if you can get it). Another big name locked up for the foreseeable future.

But not all was rosy for the Rockets, they lost one of their best defensive guys, Trevor Ariza, to the Suns for at least a year (between this and their great draft, Phoenix is kind of quietly cleaning up, btw).

For those who don't remember, Ariza did the best defensive job on Kevin Durant of anyone in the postseason, frustrating him quite a bit at times. So this does hurt H-Town significantly.

Kawhi Leonard? Still up in the air. But the Spurs are said to be loathe to trade him to a Western Conference team, which the Lakers are. Still, Kawhi has said he very much wants to go to LA, and if traded somewhere else, he can still do so after a year regardless.

So, no other team but an LA team (Lakers, Clippers) will be likely to offer everything-but-the-kitchen-sink for Kawhi in a trade, most likely.

DeMarcus Cousins? LeBron has called him 'the best big man in the league', and his injury has reduced his pricetag. He could be a very attractive get for the Lakers even if LeBron doesn't end up there. But New Orleans is expected to make a good offer to keep him.

All fun stuff. But the upshot for LeBron, now that it seems no one's really waiting on him, and that a lot of the best talent has been snapped up or is still in limbo?

His odds of staying in Cleveland, at least for another year, have probably gone up slightly. But, who knows? Maybe Kawhi or Cousins does end up in LA this year, and LeBron is out of Ohio so fast there's a smoke outline in the air where he used to be standing.

It would sure beat staring at dumbass JR Smith for another year, wondering if he knows the score now, and all just to wind up getting clobbered by a (healthy) Celtics team or the Warriors in the playoffs.

However, there's a third way... reportedly Philly is looking like a more possible LeBron landing spot than it had been. LeBron would have to change the way he plays in order to accommodate Ben Simmons (or vice-versa), since they're both essentially point-forwards, but hey, they're a team on the rise, and they'd be a stronger launch pad talent-wise than the Lakers are likely to be anytime soon... absent a blockbuster Kawhi or Cousins arrival in SoCal.

Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

Cat 6
    The only real surprise is aziza to me thus far. 160 for cp3 is nuts considering age and injury prone but they have no real choice if they want a ring.

I still think LbJ to LA with Kawhi.

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckice View Post
    The only real surprise is aziza to me thus far. 160 for cp3 is nuts considering age and injury prone but they have no real choice if they want a ring.

I still think LbJ to LA with Kawhi.
    Houston better re-sign Capella, or the truckload of money they just dumped on CP3 will have been for nothing. 🤔

The Rockets want rings ASAP, they don’t care about anything else.

I think your LA scenario is at least 50-50. And that would be an interesting Lakers team. Not sure they beat GS in the playoffs though. They’d need Cousins or Capella too.
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Fake President
    It’s official... LeBron just signed a four-year deal with the Lakers.

Guess he’s going with a ‘magnet’ strategy... the other big free agents weren’t waiting on him, so by committing, maybe he can get a Kawhi trade, or a Cousins or Capella to bite.

He’ll need to. The current Lakers roster is still pretty far from being ring-worthy, even with LBJ on board.

Cat 6
    That was fast. They have a ton of talent. They should at least be fun + showtime vs Cavs bs.

Cat 6
    [IMG]http://s.hdnux.com/photos/74/23/60/15809580/3/696x696.jpg
    [/IMG]

Cat 6
    Javale to LA. Kind of a bummer.

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    It’s official... LeBron just signed a four-year deal with the Lakers.

Guess he’s going with a ‘magnet’ strategy... the other big free agents weren’t waiting on him, so by committing, maybe he can get a Kawhi trade, or a Cousins or Capella to bite.

He’ll need to. The current Lakers roster is still pretty far from being ring-worthy, even with LBJ on board.
    SA now has a choice. Deal Kahwi and get at least something in return or not and he goes where he wants in the following year and all you get is cap space.

Ball can be the playmaker (Lebron doesn't want to be a one) and any team he's on becomes a contender. The Cavs made it to the finals with little talent (and Lebron) this year. I am guessing their playoff runs are over
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

30 mpdb
    Part of me is hoping that LeBron has a clause in his contract that stipulates Lonzo gets traded if Lavar opens his mouth

RoadBikeReview Member
    Adios LaVar
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

Not Banned
    Javale to LA. Kind of a bummer.
    boogie to the Warriors. We'll get over it

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Adios LaVar
    Rondo is there to challenge. This season is going to be a big audition for next season. Whoever doesn't make the grade gets chopped for Kahwi space. No one will trade for Kahwi because you only get a year and he's headed to LA. Magic is pulling some shrewd mgmt right now

Cat 6
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    boogie to the Warriors. We'll get over it
    And wow, Cousins to W's.

Fake President
    And wow, Cousins to [Warriors].
    #mind-blown

Last edited by SystemShock; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:42 AM.

Fake President
    Two thoughts given the most recent developments...

1 – How does any other team now feel about playing the Warriors?

I mean, it's nearing tip-off, you walk up to the circle, and you see Steph, KD, Klay, Dray, and DeMarcus Cousins staring back at you, aka FIVE All-Stars?

Are you like, "F**k, man, who scheduled the game against the NBA West All-Star Team??"

2 – How weak does the 'Easy East' now look? With LeBron gone, sure, things are wide-open, but does it really matter if you're just gonna get smoked in the Finals anyway?

Boston may wind up being a worthy challenger (with Irving and Hayward coming back), and Philly may develop into one eventually, but aside from them, the East just looks like so much roadkill compared to the West now.

Fake President
    This comment seen on a Yahoo article, regarding the now Bron-less Cavaliers:

"I left 2 Cavs tickets in my car, somebody broke into it and left 2 more."

Cat 6
    This comment seen on a Yahoo article, regarding the now Bron-less Cavaliers:

"I left 2 Cavs tickets in my car, somebody broke into it and left 2 more."

lol.

Team Kevin Love and Tristan. Double lol.

Not Banned
    Two thoughts given the most recent developments...

1 – How does any other team now feel about playing the Warriors?

I mean, it's nearing tip-off, you walk up to the circle, and you see Steph, KD, Klay, Dray, and DeMarcus Cousins staring back at you, aka FIVE All-Stars?

Are you like, "F**k, man, who scheduled the game against the NBA West All-Star Team??"

2 – How weak does the 'Easy East' now look? With LeBron gone, sure, things are wide-open, but does it really matter if you're just gonna get smoked in the Finals anyway?

Boston may wind up being a worthy challenger (with Irving and Hayward coming back), and Philly may develop into one eventually, but aside from them, the East just looks like so much roadkill compared to the West now.

but Teams in the W will beat themselves up in the playoffs
    The East has that going for them

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    but Teams in the W will beat themselves up in the playoffs
    The East has that going for them
    Sure didn't help this year. Golden State fought Houston in a 7-game series, and still swept the Cavs/East Champion right afterwards.

(only way the heightened competition in the West will help the East champ is if the West teams go all Tonya Harding on each other's ass, aka intentional inflicted injuries. )

Fake President
    Question for everyone:

If the Cousins thing works out, and the Warriors absolutely smash everyone in the league silly next season (which begins in just three months, btw), GS is going to receive a great deal of hatred.

(Heck, they're gonna get a great deal of hatred even if the Cousins thing does absolutely NOTHING for them. They already are one of the most unloved dynasties ever.)

But, I have to ask... What exactly is different about the Warriors' dominance as compared to, say, Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls back in the '90s, who won 6 championships in 8 years... and those two years off happening only because MJ went off to play minor-league baseball for awhile?

Yet to the best of my recollection, most fans CELEBRATED the Chicago Bulls long run of dominance. Even though they were, as I remember it, favored in every single Finals except their first one? And were never taken to more than six games in any of them?

So, why do MJ and the Bulls get a pass on long-term dominance, and in fact were largely loved for it, but the Warriors catch so much static for their long-term dominance? What's the difference, exactly?

Is it Durant? No one forced him to go to GS. And GS's other three All-Stars were all home-grown, home-developed. This was not some Frankenstein-monster of a cobbled-together, store-bought SuperTeam™.

Is it Cousins? Well, apparently NO ONE made him a decent offer, so he decided that he'd call up Golden State and go play for a year for mid-level-exception money. So, it seems that if you want to blame someone, blame the GMs of the other 29 teams in the league (and especially New Orleans' GM).

I'd agree with the critics who say the cap rules need to be changed to keep franchises like Cleveland, GS, and others from spending well above the cap so long as they're willing to put up with big 'luxury tax' penalties.

Though I'm not sure a pure 'hard cap' is the solution either. Players like Jordan or LeBron come along only once or twice a generation... under a hard cap, what's everyone else to do? How do they amass enough talent to seriously take on the one or two teams that have that particular decade's Most Amazing Player™? No one was able to stop Jordan's Bulls once he had the pieces around him, and once most of his team starting playing good team defense.

But the Warrior-specific hate just puzzles me. If LeBron's Cavs had won championships three out of the past four years, I strongly suspect they wouldn't be taking half the flack that GS is. 'Cuz I think that somehow, having a transcendent player on the roster (James, in this case) somehow makes lasting dominance 'okay' and even praise-worthy for most ppl?

It's just a weird double-standard, IMO. Though I'll put an asterisk on the issue of Draymond Green-hatred, which is a separate - and much more justifiable - hatred.

(he does kick and punch ppl in the junk, after all).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Question for everyone:

...But, I have to ask... What exactly is different about the Warriors' dominance as compared to, say, Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls back in the '90s, who won 6 championships in 8 years... and those two years off happening only because MJ went off to play minor-league baseball for awhile?

Not sure the Bulls are the best comparison. The Kobe-Shaq Lakers and the showtime Lakers I think are more analogous teams.

xxl
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Fake President
    LOL, nice story. 'The Warriors' of high school basketball, more or less.

Or, yet another example of a great team beating a great player.

xxl
    LOL, nice story. 'The Warriors' of high school basketball, more or less.

Or, yet another example of a great team beating a great player.
    I trust you read that LeBron was classy in defeat, even then.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast