Do what he say!

Who wants to go for a group glide??

So whilst NNCing the other day I came up to a strange sight...a group of probably 15ish Segways congregating on the MUT....apparently on what looked like a "group ride". I snickered a bit and went on my way. Curiosity got the best of me and I wondered how common these are. Turns out they're called "group glides"...and they have their very own organization to promote them. So when you get tired of all that "exercise" getting in the way of your two-wheeled-outdoor entertainment...there's hope!
    http://www.segamerica.org/segwaygroupglides.html
    I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

No go away, or I shall taunt you a second time.

waterproof*
    Location?

I've seen a few tour groups around downtown Dallas.. .hopefully they remain in that area...
    * not actually a Rock Star

Do what he say!
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    Location?

I've seen a few tour groups around downtown Dallas.. .hopefully they remain in that area...
    Grapevine, by the lake. I've only seen them that one time. I'm usually on the road in that area but it's a pretty high traffic (bikes/walkers/runners etc) part of the MUT. And they were blocking the whole thing off for a good 20-30 ft section. Hopefully it doesn't become common.
    I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Steaming piles of opinion
    The only time I've seen such a sight, it's been in urban areas. A group tour / sightseeing gimmick.

That, or gaggles of airport po-po, but those are only 2 or 3 at a time.
    A good habit is as hard to break as a bad one..

is super good looking.
    Do they draft for each other?

Le Misérable
    There are hundreds of them on the very pretty MUTS that line Lyon's riverfronts. I hate them all and wish that a giant bulldozer would come along and push them into the Rhône, where they would be eaten by angry swans.

The po-po in the park, OTOH, are pure comedy. Who are you going to bust at 12 kmh? You can't get off and chase anyone without leaving your very expensive wheels behind, and there isn't one person in France who sufficiently respects the fuzz to stop in the name of the law. What a waste of tax Euros.
    C'est dommage que je sois un ignorant, car je vous citerais une foule de choses ; mais je ne sais rien.

--Hugo

Living in France, le blog

Do what he say!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibashii View Post
    There are hundreds of them on the very pretty MUTS that line Lyon's riverfronts. I hate them all and wish that a giant bulldozer would come along and push them into the Rhône, where they would be eaten by angry swans.

The po-po in the park, OTOH, are pure comedy. Who are you going to bust at 12 kmh? You can't get off and chase anyone without leaving your very expensive wheels behind, and there isn't one person in France who sufficiently respects the fuzz to stop in the name of the law. What a waste of tax Euros.
    The only "po-po" (and I thought that was an a'murcan term) I've seen around here are at the mall. And when I see them I wonder how they can ride those through the mall with a straight face. And then I wonder if they notice me laughing and pointing at them. And then I realize I don't care because they aren't actual police anyways, and if they were and ever chased me for any reason there's no way they could catch you in a crowd.

Deep thoughts.

Le Misérable
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnewb View Post
    The only "po-po" (and I thought that was an a'murcan term) I've seen around here are at the mall. And when I see them I wonder how they can ride those through the mall with a straight face. And then I wonder if they notice me laughing and pointing at them. And then I realize I don't care because they aren't actual police anyways, and if they were and ever chased me for any reason there's no way they could catch you in a crowd.

Deep thoughts.
    I am an international troll of mystery, trying to take over the world by mastering the slang of 23,423 languages. How am I doing with yours? Better than a sharp dick in the eye??
    C'est dommage que je sois un ignorant, car je vous citerais une foule de choses ; mais je ne sais rien.

--Hugo

Living in France, le blog