Cranky Old Bastard

Wow, that's my car!

Just used Google Maps to check something and noticed that the street view shows my car.
    Been here 28 months and it was always an old pic. Now shows March '17 so they just drove by within the last few days.
    "When you know absolutely nothing, anyone who knows 1% more than nothing sounds like an expert."

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Sort of fun to see that. Street view used to have my wife in her car waiting for the Google car to go by at the end of the street, then following them for a couple of blocks before she turned off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    I remember see the filming of the movie "The Town" on my street in Boston and figured my bike would be in the movie because it was locked on the street right where they were filming.
    Film technology is apparently pretty amazing now-a-days...they photoshoped (for lack of knowing the correct term) out bikes completely while not blurring or otherwise messing up what was actually there.

hello
    The house i grew up in during the 60's, half way around the globe, no longer exists. But other landmarks where I used to play and ride my bike around are still there.
    SurlySteamrollerLitespeedClassicBianchiPista
    DeanColonelSurlyLongHaulTruckerKonaKu
    LitespeedFirenzeCinelliOlympic

off the back
    Streetview in San Diego, up the street from my sister's house, shows my parents walking along the sidewalk while they were out there visiting.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

xxl
    Old Street View of my house had me in the background, mowing my lawn, and my dog in the foreground, barking at (presumably) a camera operator.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I was on my bike on a major road when the google car went passed. the image was there until last year when they updated the street view images

RoadBikeReview Member
    It showed our house before we bought it- complete with a giant dumpster in the driveway. Makes me wonder how much work they had to do before selling it!

Then it was updated to show one of our cars parked on the street, with the truck gone. Must've been a Saturday (mailman's on the sidewalk!)

Quiet, daddy's drinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    It showed our house before we bought it- complete with a giant dumpster in the driveway. Makes me wonder how much work they had to do before selling it!

Then it was updated to show one of our cars parked on the street, with the truck gone. Must've been a Saturday (mailman's on the sidewalk!)

I just looked for mine. We bought about three years ago and until about six months ago it showed the old owners car and now it shows mine in the drive way. And the overhead shot shows my patchy, lousy grass in the backyard.
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

No collusion with the delusion

“Nationalism always breaks its promises because nationalists hate enemies in their countries more than they hate the enemies of their countries" The Guardian.

hello
    This reminds me of the movie, The Lion. Anyone seen it?
    SurlySteamrollerLitespeedClassicBianchiPista
    DeanColonelSurlyLongHaulTruckerKonaKu
    LitespeedFirenzeCinelliOlympic

RoadBikeReview Member
    These guys don't know that they're famous on RBR!
    Messing with the GoogleMan!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wow, that's my car!-googlemapoaklanda.jpg   Wow, that's my car!-googlemapoakland.jpg  
    Last edited by quikrick1; 03-06-2017 at 02:40 PM.