Not Banned

Yo Len J or any Nor Easter

have a friend heading to Rhode Island in late June on business. he wants to go Striper fishing from the beach while he is out there. Any decent locales would be greatly appreciated
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

I'm not like anyone else
    Hey...

Stripers are cool H2O fish... although they can be found most of the year, when the water temps rise they go deeper and farther off shore and to the north... Migratory critters... I've never had any great luck finding them in the summer fishing from the shore. Best time for stripers is late fall and early spring. In late June-July-August and early September they are pretty scarce along shore because the surf temps. But the Bluefish are abondant and loads of fun to catch... use the right rigging, steel leaders and have a ball!

However, best to get the info from the locals where he will be... just call some of the local fisherman who run charter service or some of the local bait suppliers... they shoul be in tune.

Hope this helps!

EDB
    I love my coonhound!

i've been a bit of time in RI, but none of it fishing for striper. this would probably be more helpful than i:

http://www.stripersurf.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

In need of sock puppet
    He needs to go further north than Rhode Island, about ten miles up route 1 outside Boston. There's the Golden Banana and Checkmate, both are great places to catch strippers.

Windrider (Stubborn)
    No Idea about that far north.....

Good suggestions so far though.

Len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

Rep *****.
    Best place for stripers in RI is the Foxy Lady. Ask for Ruby Cheeks.

Theres some good surf casting a little north @ Plumb Island. I've pulled 20+ pounders there.
    Tags: Truckstop Honeys, Becky Beadle, Subaru, 12" stroke, The moon, 10 grams, Beet Smoothie
    <--It aint gonna rep itself. Hit me