Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Windrider (Stubborn)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Of course he did great things, no doubt about that.

But when you preach the teachings of Jesus and build a rep as a "man of God," I would expect that you would practice what you preach. Isn't that the very definition of "hypocracy," when you don't?

Or does being a preacher automatically temper the sins? What if he were an atheist? Somehow I think people would be all over his cheating and womanizing if that were the case.
    I didn't realize that Christians weren't allowed to sin.

I didn't realzie that preachers weren't allowed to sin.

You seem to be judging the man based on only one of his dimensions.

Len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sure, a "man of God" can ask for forgiveness and start all over again. Makes you wonder why he had the "middleman" at all, doesn't seem to change anything. I thought sinning WAS against the rules?

Sorry, this is veering off into PO territory- one of those topics that sets me off but I know it gets debated from time to time anyway.

waterproof*
    What Len said... the basic precept of Christianity is that we are all sinners and that will never change.

Also. It's "hypocrisy". Normally I'm not a spelling troll but if you use a word a lot, it's good to know the correct spelling.
    * not actually a Rock Star

waterproof*
    It's still Thursday and I've been thinking of this passage today.

And the question I want to raise this morning with you: is your heart right? (Yes, Preach) If your heart isnít right, fix it up today; get God to fix it up. (Go ahead) Get somebody to be able to say about you, "He may not have reached the highest height, (Preach it) he may not have realized all of his dreams, but he tried." (Yes) Isnít that a wonderful thing for somebody to say about you? "He tried to be a good man. (Yes) He tried to be a just man. He tried to be an honest man. (Yes) His heart was in the right place." (Yes) And I can hear a voice saying, crying out through the eternities, "I accept you. (Preach it) You are a recipient of my grace because it was in your heart. (Yes) And it is so well that it was within thine heart." (Yes, sir)

Fred the Clydesdale
    Nice dredge, Creaky. I needed this this morning.

I am reminded that we are saved by grace. It is a free gift. We cannot earn our place in heaven.

In the scripture (Romans 3:1-4), it says:

Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision? Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the oracles of God. What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it?

May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written,
    ďTHAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS,
    AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED.Ē

I just wanted to highlight that even the scriptures point out that what is important, is that God be found true.
    Member of Team Collin, a group of ordinary moreons going to extraordinary levels of awesome in the fight against cancer.

Love conquers all. God is love. Jesus is love personified. Figure it out.

half-fast
    Try hard every day.

That's all any of us can do.

Get up, give it hell all day long, and do it again tomorrow.

waterproof*
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    Oh, no.
    I want you to know this morning that Iím a sinner like all of Godís children. But I want to be a good man.
    And I want to hear a voice saying to me one day, "I take you in and I bless you, because you try. It is well that it was within thine heart."

Whatís in your heart this morning? You get your heart right..."

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.
    at Ebenezer Baptist Church, Atlanta, Georgia, 3 March 1968.

.... I can't listen to this clip without crying. RIP Dr. King. You were a good man.

Good God, that clip is still so powerful.

Masters Neophyte
    Dang- "This video is private".
    Capt Willard: "Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger."

waterproof*
    well I guess he really was a sinner then

https://vault.fbi.gov/Martin%20Luthe...%20of%202/view

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12