Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Proud luddite

Are you ready for the ultimate Facebook smackdown?

This story made some waves yesterday. In a nutshell, Gordon Ramsay's "Kitchen Nightmares" show aired a piece last week where he tried to help a struggling restaurant in Scottsdale, AZ. The couple who own the place were complete lunatics, to the point where Ramsay actually gave up and left, the first time he's done that in over a hundred episodes over the years. My wife and I watched the show On Demand last night and it's true....they're bat sheot nutso. Here's a link about the story:

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

So this is where it gets good. The owners starting talking smack on their Facebook site and people launched back at them. Thousands of people launched back at them. We were laughing our heads off at some of the comments. I can't post the FB link here, but you can find it via the link that I posted above. It's definitely worth looking, at least before the owners quit their beotching and remove the FB site. Good material.....gotta give the FB masses credit where credit is due.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Very amusing.

For those that might be interested, the second page from the link to the Phoenix NewTimes bolg in the Yahoo article contains malicious code.

Just Discovered
    First 4 minutes of show says it all

donuts?
    holy crap - crazy lady with knives!
    -Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain
    Next time, save your energy for tomorrows ride and try not to come in 6th.

Proud luddite
    It's funny because on the show, Ramsay said repeatedly that the only saving grace of the restaurant were their amazing desserts, and the owners bragged about making the desserts themselves....but then on FB the owners admit to buying the desserts from another baker and reselling them. So the only decent food was made by someone else, even though the nutjob owners tried to take the credit.

And that bit about the owners pocketing all of the tips, that's not only unethical but I'm pretty sure it's illegal. If the owners pay the wait staff hourly then they should be obligated to tell patrons not to tip, or that tips go to the owners if they do tip.

waterproof*
    cocaine is a hell of a drug
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

Just Discovered
    Quote Originally Posted by asciibaron View Post
    You said it, not me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are you ready for the ultimate Facebook smackdown?-wacky-knife-wife.jpg  

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    What HORRIBLE people.
    Pi$$ off all of you. F&*k reddits, f&*k yelp and f&*k all of you.
    Sincerely,
    Gods Child
    They missed their calling as an episode of Seinfeld

Always changing.....
    I always say; you can't fix crazy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Wow... I rarely watch anything on television but I had to make an exception after I watched the first four minutes and simply couldn't pull myself away.

That man must be a "gangsta" if their business is always like this and he has deep enough pockets to keep them afloat. I have to honestly give him some credit for putting up with *that* on a daily basis.

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by headloss View Post
    Wow... I rarely watch anything on television but I had to make an exception after I watched the first four minutes and simply couldn't pull myself away.

That man must be a "gangsta" if their business is always like this and he has deep enough pockets to keep them afloat. I have to honestly give him some credit for putting up with *that* on a daily basis.
    My wife and I were talking about the husband, having to deal with his crazy wife. But we also agreed that while he seemed fairly calm usually and was often just trying to keep her from losing it, he also had his craziness issues too, like when he was screaming at Ramsay and the customers. On a craziness scale from 1 to 10, the wife rates a 15 and the husband a 9 IMO.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    crazy people gonna crazy

though, this is yet another opportunity for me to lament what "Kitchen Nightmares" has become: a parody of itself.

In it's original incarnation as a BBC production, the show was an intelligent, fascinating show for food lovers and entrepreneurs alike. with the backdrop of Gordon as Priest, Prison Warden, Psychologist, and business genius, the show featured really smart insight about business strategy, revenue generating ideas, psycho-analysis, leadership tips, all conveyed at normal volume, with the occasional curse word or Ramsay-esque scream thrown in for emphasis.

Once FOX got a hold of it and Gordon sold his soul to scripted reality TV that is solely made to smell like the armpit of America and turned into formulaic crap, it was over.

What's worse, is that BBC stopped making their own version, and now just show FOX episodes of KN.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    I have actually been in that place so was not surprised to see it show up on KN. I cannot speak to the food, because I never got any.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I too watched this last week.

The crazy lady claimed she had a cooking gift from god. Made everything OK.
    There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Quote Originally Posted by asciibaron View Post
    Ha. That's all I kept thinking: GET THE KNIVES AWAY FROM HER.

I pity them more than anything. That was a horrific display.

And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if it's illegal that the owners are pocketing the tips.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

You Phillip mah census
    Do they serve chips?
    There ain't no sanity clause... (Chico Marx)

I accidentally..a burrito. (Old Fuji)

Norman Wisdom, Johnny, Joey, Dee Dee, good times... (Phil Oakey)

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by wabasso View Post
    I have actually been in that place so was not surprised to see it show up on KN. I cannot speak to the food, because I never got any.
    Oh, so YOU were the guy who complained about not getting his pizza after 90 minutes!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    Oh, so YOU were the guy who complained about not getting his pizza after 90 minutes!
    I certainly know how he felt. I remember being just dumbfounded by how much money had to have been spent in that place and thinking there is no way in the world they could ever turn enough tables to pay for it. As it turns out they turn tables without getting paid. Makes it harder to pay for the improvements.

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by wabasso View Post
    I certainly know how he felt. I remember being just dumbfounded by how much money had to have been spent in that place and thinking there is no way in the world they could ever turn enough tables to pay for it. As it turns out they turn tables without getting paid. Makes it harder to pay for the improvements.
    I live in Tucson but have been to Scottsdale quite a few times....my brother-in-law and friends live there. I know how Scottsdale people are....sorry, but it's true. Once word spreads that the restaurant serves frozen food and desserts that are made off premises, meanwhile charging Scottsdale prices for their fare, it's done for. They'll be closed down before you know it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    On a craziness scale from 1 to 10, the wife rates a 15 and the husband a 9 IMO.
    hahaha yeah, I'm not trying to defend the guy... hard to say where he fits on the scale though since she already broke it.

BTW, love the RedMeat avatar!

Not Banned
    Forbes wrote an article on them 'how not to meltdown your brand on social media'
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    "If we're going to send him somewhere, it should be the most horrible, most miserable place on Earth... Scottsdale."

Misfit Toy
    Quote Originally Posted by sir duke View Post
    Do they serve chips?
    Go and ask....I dare you..
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    I always wonder how idiots like this can have a million dollars to literally just throw away. I worked as a busboy in high school. When I left to go to college I had a cool manager who gave me some great advice. "Get your education and get the hell out of the restaurant business" Done and done.

w-g
    Will rep for beer
    Yelp has some fine informative discussion too....
    Amy's Baking Company - Scottsdale, AZ
    “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.” Inigo Montoya

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast