Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poseur

Zero "trick or treaters" as of 9

Funny, living where I do in Fl. how many people never turn on the outside lights or act like they are home. As a kid(up north), I could fill two bags with treats easily, but if it is even possible here, it would probably involve hours of door knocking, and walking for miles. Old people suck as far as kids are concerned.
    "Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean........against bars, tables, chairs, and poles"

Weed
    -----
    Last edited by zyzbot; 03-07-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Palm trees & sunshine!
    I had a lot more than last year but still not many overall. Maybe four groups of kids no more than 4 in each group.

supervillain

Beetpull DeLite
    Grumpy bastards.

eminence grease
    Zero, but that's not a surprise - not too many kidlets in my neighborhood any more.
    You'd be better off with a netbook, they do everything better.

My travel blog: http://tbaroundtheworld.blogspot.com

Spicy Dumpling
    Not near as many as last year. Maybe 30 until 8:00 when we cut off the lights. The wife wore a nice scary outfit and ran many of them off..
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

Windrider (Stubborn)
    We had 3.

Parents today haqve bought in lock, stock & barrell into this "My kids aren't safe!" pablum that the media throws at them.

Kids are safer today than they were when we grew up, but most parents think they are less safe.

Len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

MORE MINIMALISM DANG IT!!
    We stopped counting trick or treaters. We now count how many bags of candy we gave away. This year it was nearly 25.
    Wannabe Minimalist

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    Not as many as last year, but we had about 15 kids come by. Seemed like more 15+ kids then ever before...

half-fast
    we probably had 100.

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    emptied the bowls at my SILs. we have a bowl of candy for the kids and a bowl of an alcoholic beverage for the adults. our house ends up being pretty popular. probably 50 or 60 kids. i'm not positive cause the dog and I took the kids around to houses, so I don't know how busy it was while we were gone.
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002

Good night for goblins in Mid-MO

46 is the census at our house, according to the ghoul-in-chief (my wife). That's a new PR for this residence.

Dale

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nine for the night here. This makes me super-disappointed overall, it was my first year handing out candy and I thought I lived in the family-friendly side of my town.

First group - 3 siblings with their parents, I would guess all under seven. They were super-cute and said thank you.

Second group - 6 kids, all looked to be around 13. I heckled them since none of them had costumes but my goodwill gave in and I held out the candy bowl and said "take a couple." Instantly 12 hands shot forward, grabbed every bit they could and they ran like crazy. I had 3 bags of candy at the beginning of the night, all that is left are 3 reeses, 5 twix and 2 snickers. Now it has been 10 years since I trick-or-treated and I was quite the hell-raiser back then but I don't think I would have ever pulled crap like that, chalk it up to experience I guess.

Scary Teddy Bear

Well

we had about 26 here.......not as many as we expected, cause our current neighborhood is ALL kids.....friggin everywhere.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." John Stuart Mill, 1866

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
    http://physasst.blogspot.com/

Quiet, daddy's drinking
    A little less than average this year, only 210. We usually have around 240. We live in one of those neighborhoods that is just packed with kids.
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

I'm outdoorsy in that I like getting drunk on patios.

Legal Notice: General disclosure of non offensive intent.

The above internet forum poster, by and through the act of posting and participating in said forum, does hereby disclaim and disavow any offensive intent by way of written word, gesture, or emoticon and none should thus be inferred or taken.

AIE
    midnight melon mounter
    I gave away 8 dozen and was turning kids away after 6:30. Probably 100 kids total, including the fat little spuds who took two pieces.

In need of sock puppet
    We had hundreds as well. I totally ran out of apples with needles in them. Next year? We'll just use glass shards. They go so much further!

Genitive Declensioner
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkcooper
    We had hundreds as well.. Next year? We'll just use glass shards. They go so much further!
    and easy to replenish if you run out..beer bottles work great in a pinch

/ we had 40-50....I cut it off @ 8:30 when it's mostly hoodlums anyways

// wee one had her 1st halloween tour after much deliberation on her part, damn cute butterfly btw....she was sold on the idea after the first house....."Dad, look the light is on, let's go!"
    Big Fan of the Callipygian Way
    "The collards tore my wife's stomach up and with her being pregnant and constipated it made for a smelly ride to the cabin in north Georgia." -gut
    "The term "steeping" brings to mind "tea-bagging" and, on far too many levels, I'm simply not comfortable with that." -antonio_b
    "People think maggots are a bad thing, but I'll bet they ate most of the feces he has been sitting in for the last two years. Go maggots! -Mohair

Misfit Toy
    Quote Originally Posted by svend
    // wee one had her 1st halloween tour after much deliberation on her part, damn cute butterfly btw....she was sold on the idea after the first house....."Dad, look the light is on, let's go!"
    Pix?

//we had not quite four bags of candy. Now I can't walk by the leftovers without grabbing one. I'm gonna be ill.
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

Genitive Declensioner
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    Pix?

//we had not quite four bags of candy. Now I can't walk by the leftovers without grabbing one. I'm gonna be ill.
    you know the story of the cobblers son...well I'm not that bad but in the process of deliberating I thought it best not to pull out the camera and complicate matters...I'm pretty sure she got a pic taken at school tho....funny thing was almost every house I'd hear, "oh what a beautiful/cute/pretty fairy" and she'd deadpan back, "thank you, I'm a butterfly", that's my girl, almost 3 and takes no crap...
    Big Fan of the Callipygian Way
    "The collards tore my wife's stomach up and with her being pregnant and constipated it made for a smelly ride to the cabin in north Georgia." -gut
    "The term "steeping" brings to mind "tea-bagging" and, on far too many levels, I'm simply not comfortable with that." -antonio_b
    "People think maggots are a bad thing, but I'll bet they ate most of the feces he has been sitting in for the last two years. Go maggots! -Mohair

banned from the museum
    Aug 2007
    I took my little monsters around last night. What amazed me is the number of 10 year-old girls dressed as ****s. If I had a daughter I would not have let her out of the house on any night of the year dressed that way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT2222
    Funny, living where I do in Fl. how many people never turn on the outside lights or act like they are home. As a kid(up north), I could fill two bags with treats easily, but if it is even possible here, it would probably involve hours of door knocking, and walking for miles. Old people suck as far as kids are concerned.
    We had a lot less than last year, maybe 40 or so. I turned the lights off at 8:30. The last group of kids were older than the average trick or treater around here and they weren't wearing costumes so I called it a night. We still have a bag and half of candy left.

Lincolns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Len J
    We had 3.
    Len
    Mom???? You're on RBR?

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    We had about 30 kids...I had our husky greeting kids at the door so that might account for the low turnout.:-) I saw more that one kid run away when Luna started barking...
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

Alien Musician
    Geez. We live on a cul de sac and for the past few years it's been dwindling and dwindling.

We have a family who lives on the circle who have two cute little kids, a girl and a boy
    both under the age of 5 and they showed up just as I was getting home from work.

Then, later, one of the crazy neighbor ladies showed up as a goofy ballerina to say hello.
    She said not that far away her in-laws had over 70 kids show up...

Then we decided, as 8:40 was approaching and nobody showed up to dress up.

My wife wore the witch costume she made for her workplace halloween party,

I got kitted out in my Soviet issue cycling jersey and tights and pretended to
    be a member of the CCCP cycling team.

Our friend Patrick who was hanging out with us carried a Star Wars lightsaber
    and wore a Star Wars t-shirt.

We walked around our cul de sac and visited everyone who would answer
    but one neighbor left a bowl of candy out on the front porch and left the light on.
    Heh.

Most of the neighbors laughed but we found out that because our circle doesn't
    have a streetlight on it most parents trick our treat around us because it looks
    dark on our street.

A co-worker said that they had 1200 kids and gave away over 120 bags of
    candy and had to shut the lights out at 8:30 because they were out of candy
    and were rapidly going broke.

I can't concieve of that many but it was in "Canterbury Heights" (the area
    near Canterbury Park horse race track) (Shakopee West side?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast