Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Got Lynskey? Pics thread

174K views 287 replies 94 participants last post by  PBL450 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Nice looking bike! I'm building up a R230 as we speak. Hope to finish it tomorrow. Looking forward to drawing one comparisons to my carbon bike.

And yes, we need a Lynskey specific forum made available.

#10 ·
These are Reynolds Thirty Two with custom decals built up with Chris King R45 hubs and Sapim Cx Ray / Cx Sprint spokes. I've only got them 1 month now, but the first impression is positive. The steering stability isn't much affected by cross winds and the stopping power (in the dry) is very good with the blue Reynolds pads.

#8 ·
Almost done with my R230 build. Down to the chain, levers and cables. I need some assistance with those as I've never done them before but it should be this week :) I'll post some pics once its done. It's been fun building it and I've learned so much.

#9 ·
I did the cables on this bike for the first time. I just read a few threads on here and sheldonbrown as to how they should be set up. I like how they turned out much better than how the shop set up my bike previously.

Cable cutters are a good investment.

#20 ·
She's finally finished

Just finished my R230 today. Building my first bike was quite a challenge but well worth the effort. The satisfaction is very nice. Today was the final day and we went out for a 20 mile shake down ride. Everything worked perfectly. I'm very pleased so far. Will do a full review in a month or so when I can have 500 plus miles logged before making any final judgments. Today’s ride was smooth.

Componets are Campagnolo Chorus 11 group-set. Campagnolo Neutron Ultra wheel-set. Easton EC90 aero handlebars on 3T team stem. Specialized Romin Expert 155mm saddle. Enve 2.0 road fork. Look Keo Carbon Blade pedals. Lizard skin bar tape.

Some pics for your view pleasure.

#28 ·
Matthew at Adrenalin Bikes sent me photos of my new bike assembled and accessorized the way I ordered it accept the Topeak seat bag isn't shown. For some reason I can't post pics on forums so here's the pic Matthew took.

https://www.motomatt.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/IMG_0594.jpg

It was the Shimano 105 deal from Lynskey but I made some changes to their package. First I ordered it with the 105 Silver not black; then I upgraded the 105 rear derailleur to Ultegra silver; upgraded the FSA headset to a Cane Creek 110; changed the wheels from Shimano black to silver which gave it another 5mm depth to it; lastly was to replace the Lynskey fork for a Enve 2.0 fork. Then I accessorized it with Lezyne pump and bottle cages.

He sent today so I should have it in a week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.