RoadBikeReview Member

Lynskey R230 review

This review is for the Lynskey R230 titanium road bike. I probably should start with a little about me. Iím 54, 5í9Ē and 155 pounds. I was 212 on the 50th birthday. Iíve been riding for just under three years. Iím doing between 4-5k miles per year. My first bike was a Giant Defy Advanced 1 and it was a really good bike. Great geometry for this beginner and comfortable for sure. I enjoyed the bike and didnít need a new one. For some reason I decided I wanted to try titanium. I chose to order the frameset from Lynskey directly and dealt with Mr. Don Erwin. He was super knowledgeable and patient with me through the ordering process. You can ask him anything. He always makes time for you. Once I received the frame I built it up with Campagnolo Chorus 11, Campagnolo Neutron Ultra-wheels, Continental GP 4000s 25mm tires, Specialized Romin expert saddle, 3T stem and Easton EC90 aero handlebars. She came in at just about 17 pounds. This bike is not only more comfortable but also more efficient. Power transfer is exceptional and I feel like I can ride it all day. It climbs well and descends like A BMW. I will say that titanium IS all they say it is. Faster, more comfortable than my comfort carbon bike and just a joy to ride. I strongly recommend the Lynskey R230.
    2013 Lynskey R230. Campagnolo Chorus 11 group-set. Campagnolo Neutron Ultra wheel-set. Easton EC90 aero handlebars on 3T team stem. Specialized Romin Expert 155mm saddle. Look Keo Carbon Blade pedals. Garmin Edge 800. Lizard skin tape.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Nice review, thanks for posting it. I was curious how you would like the Lynskey vs the Defy. Both really nice bikes for sure. I was checking out the pictures of your new R230 on the other thread and it looks great...Enjoy it! Btw...what is your impression of the Campy drive train? worth it?

RoadBikeReview Member

Lynskey R230 review

I switched from Ultegra to Campy SR11 on the Giant and will never go back. Built the Lynskey up with Chorus as I soon realized I over did it with the super record the first time. Next bike will have EPS for sure. I'm not anti Shimano, just pro Campy The Lynskey just keeps getting better all the time.
    2013 Lynskey R230. Campagnolo Chorus 11 group-set. Campagnolo Neutron Ultra wheel-set. Easton EC90 aero handlebars on 3T team stem. Specialized Romin Expert 155mm saddle. Look Keo Carbon Blade pedals. Garmin Edge 800. Lizard skin tape.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2014

Lynskey R230 review

Just ordered an R230. It's a big plunge for me as it is MUCH more than any bike I've bought previously.

Reading the review helped me over the line a little, so thank you.

RoadBikeReview Member

Lynskey R230 review

Glad it was helpful. You will love the Lynskey for a very long time. Mine is NEVER leaving my stable.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2014

Lynskey R230 review

Just spoke to the bike shop; my R230 will be ready to collect tomorrow.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 73Chaz View Post
    Just spoke to the bike shop; my R230 will be ready to collect tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes, I'm sure you will love it.
    As Campy 11 chains don't follow the 12 1/16" rule, it's wise to change them at 132.60 mm max.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    Great review!! Welcome to the world of Lynskey owners!!

I have a 2014 Lynskey R255 with full Ultegra and absolutely love it!! I ordered the complete bike when it was 35% off just before Christmas. I paid cash, so I got the best deal I could. I almost ordered the 230, but I have degenerated discs in both my neck and lower back, so riding a bike with a slightly more aggressive geometry wasn't an option. I don't race and I'm done doing group rides, so I figured the 255 best suited my riding style. I agree, the Lynskey titanium bike is MORE than I ever imagined it would be. It sure beats the hell out of a CF bike by leaps and bounds!!

I would have loved to have Campy on my bike, but I was at my top limit of my budget. The Ultegra 6800 serves me just fine.

Enjoy your ride!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2014

Lynskey R230 review

Picked up the bike yesterday. I guess I was preparing myself to be underwhelmed... but not at all!

It rides wonderfully. It handles wonderfully and it feels quick. Really, it is everything I could ask for and now just need to concentrate on getting fit. I'm also working on my flexibility with the aim of losing the stem spacers at some point. Will also be changing the pedals; bit of miscommunication with the bike shop there but not a big problem; everything else with the build is absolutely spot on so good job. Attachment 297580

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2014
    Just noticed that the photo is not showing - will post in the Lynskey photo thread.