RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009

Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLR's - Share your experience

If you've ridden these wheels I would be really interested in hearing your experience with them.

Thank You!

Not a climber
    I've been riding them for the last 6 months or so, they are great wheels. Not too light, but very stiff. Braking is loud and annoying, but you stop when you want to stop, even in the rain. I got them on sale from performance bike a while back, no way I would pay $2500 for them.

Daft Punk built my hotrod
    I've been super happy with mine. Brake squeal goes away relatively quickly. No problems on climbs, flats, etc. Great wheels.

$2500 for them is insane though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I f;(())ing love them. They work and work. Totally happy. But the price is the drawback, I get a modest 15% team discount and I traded something in.

Daft Punk built my hotrod
    After getting a chance to compare the Mavics to a set of handbuilts, I won't buy Mavic again.

There really is no comparison. My handbuilts are smoother and brake better, even without the "Exalith" coating upcharge.

Carbon Fiber = Explode!
    I agree PaxRomana, my handbuild Mavics are awesome!
    '09 Voodoo Wazoo
    '08 Pedal Force RS2
    '06 Raleigh Cadent 5.0
    '01 Trek 4300 MTB
    '93 Norco Nitro MTB Touring
    '88 Schwinn Prelude Fixie
    1 hour of running = 1 hour of wasted time when you could have been riding. - Alaska Mike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2014
    Hi All,

I've just been offered a set of these as an "upgrade" on a set of C24 TUs (the full carbon ones) on a SLR01 (still figuring out the deal). Long story short, i don't want the C24s as they're tubular.

The ones i've been offered are with the carbon spokes, however very flat and wide so i suspect it's actually an 12/13 model wheel. They don't seem to be on the mavic site, but on google, with reviews around 2012ish.....

Here's a picture of them on the SLR01 -

Nothing seems to be like it on the mavic site. Not sure it's worth a 400 premium, considering the C24 TUs retail at 3k....

Question though to the mavic crowd, are these really 2012/13 SLRs? and if i was going to go Mavic on the 14 line-up (seems being in Switzerland service, guarantee with Mavic is a lot easier) which model should i go for?

Over the next day or so, i'm going back into the dealership and asking about this, plus getting a price on;

- Enve 3.4 & 6.7
    - Zipp 404 FCs
    - whatever Mavics you guys recommend

Thanks in advance.

Phil.
    Last edited by Philhumphrey; 02-15-2014 at 03:53 PM.