RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012

Mavic Ksyrium Equipe spoke length

I am new to cycling, please be patient with me.

I purchase cx bike off ebay with these wheels on it. After some research I found that these spokes (mavic) may be hard to find, so I want to find spares. (LBS or ebay)

Any insight on proper way to measure with wheel assembled? Is inside elbow, to end of thread correct?

Thanks in advance

Bikes make girls hotter!
    Oct 2011
    I have the 2012 version of these wheels and my LBS had no trouble ordering them from MAVIC for $3.00 each. You will end up with a couple different sizes as you notice the rear wheel is different on each side.
    It is pretty much safe to assume I have no idea what I'm doing and that I need more fixing than my bike!

Bikes make girls hotter!
    Oct 2011
    Oh and another tip.. learn to remove the cassette and axles etc.. every 2,000 miles or so so they apparently need a clean and re-greasing or you get some howling on the faster down hills. MAVIC Howl they call it on here, I just cal it Oh Damb..
    It is pretty much safe to assume I have no idea what I'm doing and that I need more fixing than my bike!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wesb321 View Post
    Oh and another tip.. learn to remove the cassette and axles etc.. every 2,000 miles or so so they apparently need a clean and re-greasing or you get some howling on the faster down hills. MAVIC Howl they call it on here, I just cal it Oh Damb..
    +1

There is a plastic bushing which can wear out prematurely if not cleaned/lubed regularly (I do it every 1,000-1,500mi, sooner for my MTB wheels).

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by wesb321 View Post
    you don't want to grease the bushing on the freehub. you should only use oil on that.
    i work for some bike racers...
    2013 Trek Madone 5.9 w/ '12 SRAM Red
    2010 Cervelo T1 sprint bike
    Ruger 10-22TD
    Smith&Wesson M&P 15-22
    Smith&Wesson M&P 9
    oh, those belong in another forum

Bikes make girls hotter!
    Oct 2011
    I used red lithium with mineral and paraffinic oil AKA multi-duty grease. Guess I need to redo it then. The youtube guides help, I couldn't solve the slight wobble of the cassette.

RogueMechanic Mavic Freehub Body Maintenance - YouTube