Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Mavic Race SL Ti Road Pedal - Cleats?

40K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ultimobici 
#1 ·
Got a set of these pedals off of a chainlove clearance and wondering if I maybe purchased a nice shiny pair of dinosaurs.
It would seem that Mavic tried their hand at entering the pedal market with these (IMO) pretty nice set of "Look Like" pedal system a couple of years back. It also would appear that they dumped the idea. No sign of this product on their site at all.
I've tried these and like them very much, however I'm wondering if these are basically one and done? They used a proprietary cleat that is almost standard Look style but isn't. Through the miracle which is the internet I've been unable to find any resources for obtaining replacement cleats for this product.

Since one set of cleats came with the pedals, do I toss the pedals once this set wears out? Does anyone know where replacements might be available? An even longer shot, it would be nice to have cleat covers for these too, the look covers almost work, but as before, don't.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Ribble also carry them, but with a note "not for sale outside the UK", whereas Total appear to be OK.

Mavic has very restrictive sales areas it would seem, which I don't quite understand. If they were trying to protect a distribution channel it might make sense, but here in Toronto, the Canadian Mecca of bike sales, Mavic stuff is nowhere to be seen.

Not trying to be a smartass, but did you try google?

I hit on several US sellers right away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.