Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    That's a smart lookin' ride you've got there...White brake lever hoods and a pantographed stem! I've been after such a stem on ebay, woah are they fetchin' a high price. Enjoy!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009

1980 Eddy Merckx Professional - Tout MAVIC

MAVIC equipped Eddy Merckx Professional

Repainted by Colour Tech in the UK, and decals from Cyclomondo on eBay.

Just need a panto'd stem now.
    Last edited by DMCZone; 12-18-2010 at 11:26 PM.

Eddy 53:11
    Random shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-dsc_0507.jpg  
    Live vicariously through yourself.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCZone

MAVIC equipped Eddy Merckx Professional

Repainted by Colour Tech in the UK, and decals from Cyclomondo on eBay.

Just need a panto'd stem now.

I love to see an early Merckx Pro like that, the basic competition tool in those days AND with a Mavic SSC gruppo...itīs not something you see often today! Congratulations to a great ride.
    The pantographed stem on my Corsa Extra was just something I found years ago by chance and that finally came into use on the right bike. The Corsa Extra rides beautifully btw, itīs not a ligtht weight, but it is such a fantastic responsive ride that you canīt do anything else than just love it. Makes me stay out on the road longer than anticipated, not many bikes that has that quality

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    Here's my 2002 Team SC, 58 cm with "Freddy" paint job. This thing won a race once in very Belgian-esque conditions in a god-forsaken corner of Washington State (on different wheels...Zipp 404 tubulars). Now that I'm a dad and working stiff, it gets out for a short ride 1-2 times per week. I also have a ti 2003 Millenium 3 waiting in the wings for this frame to break.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008

1992- Telekom Germany team ,TSX tube.

1994 Campagnolo Record 8speed carbon shift
    1995 Campagnolo Record 8speed rear derailleur
    2006 Campagnolo Record alloy Crankset
    1996 Campagnolo Record 8speed hub
    1995 Campagnolo sigma tubular rim 36h-Pave

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dunhill
    Gorgeous build, but I think I'd roll sans computer....is that an old IBM 5150 strapped to the chain stay? I hope you get XM Radio and weather reports with that thing!

Just kidding, as it's a classic build encumbered with the grace of new technology.

What are those caps on the rear brake cable where it enters the frame? did you not just route the housing through directly?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    dunhill,

nice TSX, what size is it, 54cm ctc?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wines of WA
    Here's my 2002 Team SC, 58 cm with "Freddy" paint job. I also have a ti 2003 Millenium 3 waiting in the wings for this frame to break.

Wines of WA,
    Love that "freddy" paint. "break" a team SC??? Not from what I hear. In fact I've never been told of or seen a merckx of any model crack/break. (except for a Team Kodak Premium (scandium) that was crunched in a crit crash (Athens, GA crit).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Wow, I love it!! one of my favourite colour schemes too. Did you glue the bike to the ground to take that pic? That seatpost is a work of art!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003

I'll bite. My 2nd Merckx

Recently found this on craigslist....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-img_5161.jpg   Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-img_5162.jpg   Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-img_5164.jpg   Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-img_5165.jpg   Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-img_5182.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kjmunc
    Gorgeous build, but I think I'd roll sans computer....is that an old IBM 5150 strapped to the chain stay? I hope you get XM Radio and weather reports with that thing!

Just kidding, as it's a classic build encumbered with the grace of new technology.

What are those caps on the rear brake cable where it enters the frame? did you not just route the housing through directly?
    haha....It's cateye cc-cd300dw,the sensor is a little big on the chain stay...^^"
    Becouse the cable can't through directly , so must rewirable it,&make those caps on the in & out..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by backofthebunch
    Wow, I love it!! one of my favourite colour schemes too. Did you glue the bike to the ground to take that pic? That seatpost is a work of art!
    Hi ,thanks
    I just say ....Don't move!!
    just kidding

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by learlove
    dunhill,

nice TSX, what size is it, 54cm ctc?
    Hi,thanks,yes, it's 54 ctc & ctt

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    Well, they are indeed tough. One could sneer and say that scandium is just gimmicky aluminum, but it is far far tougher and rides closer to steel than most aluminum.

mrwirey

10th Anniversary Wall Art

Here is my 1990 10th Anniversary Eddy. I bought if off eBay a couple of years ago...it hangs on the wall under my Tommasini Tecno. It has approximately 500 miles on it. I absolutely believe that C-Record was the pinnacle of beauty. Very art deco. If only it had Sherrif Star hubs. Of my steel framed bikes she is not as heavy as my Bottecchia nor is she as light as my Coppi, my Casati, or my Gios all of which have 10 speed Record and Dura Ace drive trains. She is about equal to my Tommasini, which is Record 8 Speed. She is a hoot to ride, but down tube shifters really are old school after living with brifters for so many years. Unfortunately this is one of 21 (yes I am certifiable) bikes so she does not see the road very often, maybe once a year and only on special occasions. I occasionaly think of selling her, but she does look pretty on the wall...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-eddy.jpg  
    Last edited by mrwirey; 06-30-2009 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Removed photo and fixed typo

cycling as lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwirey
    Here is my 1990 10th Anniversary Eddy. I bought if off eBay a couple of years ago...it hangs on the wall under my Tommasini Tecno. It has approximately 500 miles on it. I absolutely believe that C-Record was the pinnacle of beauty. Very art deco. If only it had Sherrif Star hubs. Of my steel framed bikes she is not as heavy as my Bottecchia nor is she as light as my Coppi, my Casati, or my Gios all of which have 10 speed Record and Dura Ace drive trains. She is about equal to my Tommasini, which is Record 8 Speed. She is a hoot to ride, but down tube shifters really are old school after living with brifters for so many years. Unfortunately this is one of 21 (yes I am certifiable) bikes so she does not see the road very often, maybe once a year and only on special occasions. I occasionaly think of seeling her, but she does look pretty on the wall...
    Find a similar Gios thread, and post your Gios there, plz.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwirey
    Here is my 1990 10th Anniversary Eddy. I bought if off eBay a couple of years ago...it hangs on the wall under my Tommasini Tecno. It has approximately 500 miles on it. I absolutely believe that C-Record was the pinnacle of beauty. Very art deco. If only it had Sherrif Star hubs. Of my steel framed bikes she is not as heavy as my Bottecchia nor is she as light as my Coppi, my Casati, or my Gios all of which have 10 speed Record and Dura Ace drive trains. She is about equal to my Tommasini, which is Record 8 Speed. She is a hoot to ride, but down tube shifters really are old school after living with brifters for so many years. Unfortunately this is one of 21 (yes I am certifiable) bikes so she does not see the road very often, maybe once a year and only on special occasions. I occasionaly think of selling her, but she does look pretty on the wall...
    21 bikes. you are my hero, we need more pix of this one, up close and personal, it's a beauty.

b21

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    So many great Eddy's-way to go. I would really go for a 10th Anniversary in a 57cm please.
    Easily one of the nicest bikes I've seen in these parts for a while. Also, do we need to bribe "mrwirey" for additional pics? Cash, CC, lawn mowing......

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    I thought I'd get a pic up of my 1991 Eddy Merckx Team Kelme TSX Century. I had a great time collecting the the various components over last winter.

Last edited by gomango; 12-11-2010 at 01:57 PM.

em3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

Another Merckx Centrury TSX Team Kelme....

I already posted this in the general discussion section but I figured I should make it part of the official gallery as well. Also, thought I would keep the Team Kelme momentum up...any others out there?
    Enjoy,
    EM3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-p1050360-2-.jpg   Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-p1050368-2-.jpg   Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-p1050371-2-.jpg   Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-p1050374-2-.jpg   Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-p1050381-2-.jpg  

Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-p1050379-2-.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Any suggestions on sourcing NOS for the steel Eddy's in Australia?? Some of the classic steel builds in here have me a little weak at the knees!

ironmandreamer
    Jul 2008
    We've been and are neglected by the people at Eddy Merckx in Australia. We don't currently have a distributor/agent and Bruno at EM won't deal directly with our shops. There have been two great NOS EM listed through eBay in the last six months, the better of the two, a MXL in Molteni Orange sold for $2025 whilst there is a SLX in Motorola livery that has been listed and relisted for some time. Maybe its a little expensive but it it rare and NOS and there's no huge shipping or duty to be paid. Other than that just keep your eye open for something in the right size and be prepared to have it "freshened up" by a professional frame painter. If you're going to buy from overseas be sure to buy a frame and not a bike as the postage increases significantly.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007

1993 Mxl

A few good rides so far and as you all know it is amazing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-mxl2.jpg   Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)-mxl1.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatchance1
    A few good rides so far and as you all know it is amazing.
    Wow that is an incredible looking bike. Is this the MXL that was purchsed from Sweden?

One of my favorite and very rare paint schemes.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast