RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

Group Rides in Charleston, WV?

I'll be in town next weekend and wanted to know if it was worth it to bring my road bike. Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Not sure about group rides but the scenery is really nice in the area. Just bring your climbing legs!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    I go to Kanawha State Forest when I'm in town. It's about 10-15 minutes from downtown, across the river. The park road turns to gravel at the top of a ridge. I turn around here and go 10 miles downhill along the creek. Or I do hill repeats inside the park. You can also climb Connell Rd. You'll probably see other cyclists around.

Mountain State Wheelers is the local club but I've never gotten anyone to respond to e-mails.

West Virginia Cyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by sidi45 View Post
    I go to Kanawha State Forest when I'm in town. It's about 10-15 minutes from downtown, across the river. The park road turns to gravel at the top of a ridge. I turn around here and go 10 miles downhill along the creek. Or I do hill repeats inside the park. You can also climb Connell Rd. You'll probably see other cyclists around.

Mountain State Wheelers is the local club but I've never gotten anyone to respond to e-mails.
    They're still alive, but IIRC their webmaster is MIA, and the site is starting to become antiquated.

Lots of riders in the area... best bet is to call a LBS.

You're going to laugh, but Dive Tech & Sports (614 D Street, Suite A
    South Charleston, WV 25303 Phone: (304)744-BIKE(2453) ) are a ton of avid cyclists

Then there is a "newer" [2008?] store by the name of Company Bicycle. ((304) 744-RIDE 3714 7th Ave. Charleston, WV 25387 )

Charleston Bicycling Center - ( 409 53rd Street Southeast Charleston, WV 25304
    (304) 925-8348 )

John's Cyclery in the relatively close town of St. Albans: (309 Maccorkle Avenue St. Albans, WV 25177 )
    (304) 727-2180
    There are cyclists in West Virginia??!! Really? - Check it Out @ WVCYCLING