Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Hershey, Pa

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  MaxKatt 
#1 ·
Does anybody have some good routes that start and finish in Hershey? More climbing the better. Looking to get 50 miles in this Friday morning before hitting the amusement park.... Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Oh man, you are going to be one grumpy dad if you don't get that ride in before heading into the park.

I really like this site for finding rides in places I haven't been to before. I put in hershey, PA start within 10 miles and a bunch popped up. you can view full route info with elevation and even some pictures if any.

Here's a meaty ride: Tour De Chocolate Town in Hershey with Randy Thompson - Dauphin County, Penna

both use similar roads so it's a bet they're decent ones.
Tour de Chocolate Town - Dauphin County, Penna

Find The Best Bike Rides, Routes and Cuesheets in Your Area

#3 ·
That part of the state is rather flat (relative to other parts of PA)... don't expect too much climbing unless you go further north or west.

Statewide routes: Bicycle PA Routes - BikePA.com
I've only been through that general area (on bike) while crossing the state on bicycle route S.

I'd check Strava and MapMyRide for recorded routes.
Call the local shops? Maybe one has a group ride while you are there..

#11 ·
Haven't done the Tour de Chocolate, but have done the Chocolate Ride. Different rides, same place.

50 with GF was so well marked, I went back the next week to follow the blazes for 75. We're signed to go again this year. Will try the Tour de Chocolate next year.

Hershey's sponsors Chocolate ride, and there's loads of their products at every rest stop so don't go if you're watching the calories. :)

#5 ·
If it's hills you want here are two options I've done and consider difficult.

Head northwest towards Linglestown and find the Blue Mountain Parkway or head northeast toward Fort Indiantown Gap and look for Gold Mine Road.

Blue Mountain: https://www.strava.com/segments/689995

Gold Mine: https://www.strava.com/segments/5629823

Ride Gold Mine both ways and you should be "content" for most of the day. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.