Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Rode by the area yesterday hoping to see that the new bridge was open for ped/bike traffic. Unfortunately, it was not. It's pretty close though.

Schuylkill, Perkiomen Trail conditions - rider reports-07-04-2016-july-4th-ride-8-.jpg

BUT! The detour that has been plaguing us for the past few months is finally open.

Schuylkill, Perkiomen Trail conditions - rider reports-07-04-2016-july-4th-ride-10-.jpg

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Nice!

I haven't been out that way in a while.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    I'm heading out the SRT now, first time in 2016, believe it or not.

I ride an orange LeMond bike, black shorts and navy blue shirt.

If you see me, say Hey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Sullivan Bridge over the Schuylkill to Valley Forge Park opened today!
    Hope you had a good ride, Spike.
    I did a partial SRT ride on the cross bike yesterday.
    Ambler to Cross County Trail to SRT to Fordidden Drive to Green Belt through Ft Washington State Park and back to Ambler.

https://www.strava.com/activities/680802374

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougr411 View Post
    Sullivan Bridge over the Schuylkill to Valley Forge Park opened today!
    Hope you had a good ride, Spike.
    I did a partial SRT ride on the cross bike yesterday.
    Ambler to Cross County Trail to SRT to Fordidden Drive to Green Belt through Ft Washington State Park and back to Ambler.

https://www.strava.com/activities/680802374
    Thanks for the heads up.

I didn't see your post until I got back. I was wondering about that. I did my usual 27.3 mile loop from Elm St and Colwell Lane in Conshy to Eqypt Rd, up the Mill Grove hill in Audubon, and back.

This weekend, I will definitely cross the Sullivan bridge and do my VF park loop!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2016
    This type of conversation/thread should be in reverse dated order. So new replies and updates are first not last. Anyway to fix that?

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    I did a nice ride yesterday afternoon.

At the place where I would normally head north on the perk trail toward egypt road, I headed south toward phoenixville.

The last time I did this, the trail was mostly gravel. Yesterday, I rode it all the way down to port providence on nice paved path.

When did that happen? I admit, I hadn't gone down that way for years, always expecting it to be gravel.

Wow.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Anyone ever use the pawling road trailhead?

I have found going srt west is better than srt east, but you need to have gravel tires.

https://www.strava.com/activities/683078336

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Well, finally had a chance to check out the newly open Sullivan's Bridge to Valley Forge.

It's pretty nice. It was really crowded but it was Labor Day.

Schuylkill, Perkiomen Trail conditions - rider reports-img_20160905_113536.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Nice! I'll have to try that ride!

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Nice. So how are the roads over in VF national park? A few years ago, the parks dept were trying to get many of the roads closed to all traffic except tour buses.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Hey SRT fans... been a long time since I posted here.

I have a rant...

I was out today and saw 3 or 4 groups of people with toddlers (2 or 3 years old) on toy bikes (bike shaped toys) on the SRT. The parents are on road bikes, weaving and trying to go slower than the toddlers on toys. The toddlers on toys are all over the place, and don't respond to anything... bells, calling out, etc.

I'm not the kind of rider who blasts by people. I have no problem slowing down to a crawl, no matter how fast I was going.

And I'm a dad who raised a son, and kept him on the child seat when he was a toddler, and later the Burley Piccolo when he was too young to be on his own bike.

I don't mind people going slow, walking, jogging, riding two abreast not paying attention to the surroundings, people with baby strollers.

But toddlers on riding toys? Come on. I feel sorry for the toddlers, and the parents who are trying to herd them along, while riding adult bikes and trying to stay balanced at slower than walking speed.

I think there should be signs when you enter the SRT saying that riding toys and tiny bikes with training wheels are not allowed.

End of rant.

Sorry.

soulfly
    I blame the parents the kids do not know any better

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112