Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Rollo, we're waiting for a race report.....

828 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rollo Tommassi 
#1 ·
I see you finished 6th on Saturday. How about a report.
Did you race on Sunday at Woodale ?

#3 ·
Er, uh...kinda raced at Wooddale

The MOST frustrating day of my life...after feeling so damn good on Saturday, Sunday dawned with much anticipation on my part.

Half an hour before the start...I felt a twinge in my back/scapular area....then ARGH a complete spasm....couldn't even breathe. Had to get off the bike and lay flat on my back. I haven't had a spasm like this for ten years, I really don't know what it was, but damn does it hurt! Like having a knife stuck into the middle of my back, radiates down and around (right side, so not a heart attack!) and I can barely lift my arm. I try to relax, but I can't take a deep breath.

Get to the start line, gripping the handlebars in total pain. Three laps I hang on, but in the end I'm in tears from the pain and must stop. Pain and utter frustration/anger. Shoulder still sore two days later. I took off all the week of Aug 2, didn't ride til this past Sunday. Winfield this Sunday, and am considering getting massage for neck/shoulder/back.

I hope to have much better race reports from now on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.