RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004

2007 Mercier Draco AL Question

2007 Mercier Draco AL
    I can't find a geometry chart, I am looking at a 62" and I wonder what the headtube length is, what the top tube length is and is the 62" is center to top?
    Also I am wondering if all the parts and wheels are 2007?

Anyone have one and like theirs??

Thanks, Tor

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tordahle
    2007 Mercier Draco AL
    I can't find a geometry chart, I am looking at a 62" and I wonder what the headtube length is, what the top tube length is and is the 62" is center to top?

Thanks, Tor
    geometry is here... http://www.cyclesmercier.com/geometry.html .... I dont have a Draco, but have a Mercier Serpens and love it...bikes are good value for the dollar...good luck!

Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004
    2007 Mercier Draco AL

Thanks, Tor
    I would be a little concerned about buying a bike that clearly does not stick with the technology belief of the company.

From the Cycles Mercier web site:

"Double Butted High Grade Aluminum frames when combined with carbon fiber can produce a very light frame that is also very comfortable. CyclesMercier strongly believes that any Aluminum Road Frame must be combined with a Carbon Fiber Fork plus Carbon Fiber seatpost or rear seat stays. With the proper mix of front and rear Carbon Fiber, the usual aluminum harshness is smoothed out while maintaining the advantage of super light weight"

Edit:

My mistake! I see that the Draco comes with a CF seat post. That should make it ride smooth as butter.
    Last edited by Lifelover; 09-26-2007 at 05:16 PM.
    Joined the other team in the name of the economy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    2007 Mercier Draco AL

Thanks, Tor
    And oh...I forgot to mention...dont pay attention to Lifelover...he is just mad at the world and loves to spew venom. Doesnt have a bikes direct bike, but loves to slam them. Anyway, someone with some "helpful" advice will hopefully get back to you soon...have a great day. Chris

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifelover
    I would be a little concerned about buying a bike that clearly does not stick with the technology belief of the company.

From the Cycles Mercier web site:

"Double Butted High Grade Aluminum frames when combined with carbon fiber can produce a very light frame that is also very comfortable. CyclesMercier strongly believes that any Aluminum Road Frame must be combined with a Carbon Fiber Fork plus Carbon Fiber seatpost or rear seat stays. With the proper mix of front and rear Carbon Fiber, the usual aluminum harshness is smoothed out while maintaining the advantage of super light weight"

Edit:

My mistake! I see that the Draco comes with a CF seat post. That should make it ride smooth as butter.
    Jumped into that one with a little bit TOO MUCH gusto... and look what happened!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Looks like the same frame as my Serpens. It doesn't ride any harsher than my vintage steel Giant. It's much lighter and faster though.

The Gimlet Eye
    Quote Originally Posted by denmikseb
    Jumped into that one with a little bit TOO MUCH gusto... and look what happened!
    Your too short for the joke!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have one.
    I couldn't help you with your sizing but the top tube is longer that what was speced. I believe it stated like 53 but actually a 54 for a size 52. Also, it is measured from bb to top of seat tube. I was a bit stretched out because of the longer than I usually ride toptube.
    On the ride, the Columbus Zona tubing gave a comfortable ride except on really chattery bumps. This is comparing to steel and Ti. The handling was on the stable side, not slow, not just as quick as other bikes some riders find nervous.
    The parts are all Dura Ace including the brakes but the cassette was a 12-25 instead of the 12-27 as speced. I wouldn't know if they are 2007 but the drivetrain was all DA 10 speed. The bike came nicely packed with complete brochure and the boxed accessories included pedals, a spare derailleur hanger, a tool for the bb.
    I liked the bike but moved all the parts into a new frame I bought recently. Sometimes I missed the Mercier's stable handling though.
    Last edited by midlife_xs's; 08-31-2009 at 07:20 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004

Thanks. I still can't find the info

Thanks for your replies. Glad you liked your bike.

The Mercier link does not show geometry for a 62 cm not a head tube length.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007

if you cant find the exact geometry, send a private message to Mike with bikes direct...he is the owner...he can get you an exact measurement. His screen name is "bikesdirect".

Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004

Here is the geo for the Alum bikes. It does not give head tube length/extension.

However it is (at least calims to be) a level TT and the extension on Midlifes' bike is most likely the same through out all the sizes.

It should get you close.

Call BD and ask!
    Last edited by Lifelover; 10-05-2007 at 02:29 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Call BD and ask!
    As Lifelover knows, Bikes Direct does not have a contact number...so do like I said and send Mike a private message direct. He will get back to you quickly. Good luck...let me know if you need any other info...Chris

Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tennis5
    ...Bikes Direct does not have a contact number...

Well than maybe he should try and call Mercier directly. Any good bike manufacture will have a technical department that could handle this type of question. Right?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Well than maybe he should try and call Mercier directly. Any good bike manufacture will have a technical department that could handle this type of question. Right?
    youre not even worth the effort...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    No contact number? I've used this number (904) 252-8881 to contact BD.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerstg
    No contact number? I've used this number (904) 252-8881 to contact BD.
    Hi Roger..I realize there is a contact number within these threads, but as far as I know there are no contact numbers on either the BD or Mercier site...Lifelover knows that...he knows everything about them...who knows, he may work for them (lol), but he was simply trying to incite flames...or as he has said in the Lounge, bait the hook for the Moto fools. The best choice is to contact Mike directly by PM on this forum...it always gets a quick response...thanks for adding the number to the thread Roger...C

RoadBikeReview Member

Thanks, Tor
    Parts should be current year.
    It takes forever to reach a destination that does not exist.

Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tennis5
    ...or as he has said in the Lounge, bait the hook for the Moto fools....C

While that maybe my intent, I would love for you to link where I said that.