Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarnett51 View Post
    Sorry to bring up an old thread. I've been shopping around and found several bikes locally that I like and I want to support local shops BUT I can't find any reason not to buy MB Ti other than supporting local. I'm basically settling for the sake of my lbs.

I understand the skeptics with MB carbon but I'm not sure how I could go wrong with their Ti option. Not to mention I can't find a bad review. I'm torn
    Torn? The LBS isn't going to get you anything even close to the value of that MB TI bike, but you will spend about the same amount of money for that lot less bike; and TI is a lifetime frame material.

Those MB TI bikes have a really high regard for from people that own them. I was going to buy one myself after test riding a couple of friends TI bikes, one a MB and the other a Serotta, the Serotta was nicer but not even close to being $4,000 more nice! But I incurred a problem with BD, I went to order one and they were out of stock in my size in all models (I wanted the Ultegra version), I e-mailed BD around Oct 20012 and Mike (I think that was his name) said they would be getting more in Jan, so I waited, none came in; I emailed again in Feb and told they would be in on Mar, none came in; so I got tired of waiting and bought a Lynskey I found on sale. It wasn't until May of 2014 BD finally got a limited stock of TI bikes. As much as I like my Lynskey I would have rather paid about $800 less and got the MB!!

The best price options currently in the market for TI bikes is the MB LeChamp SL TI bike for the lowest cost; followed by the Lynskey Peloton for upgradeability before purchase IF purchased through Adrenalin bikes, and second lowest costing TI bike. I am in way glad I got the Lynskey over the MB because I was able to swap to upgrade, but I'm a tightwad and would have rather paid $800 less!! So I would say if you want the lowest costing TI bike get the MB, if you want to do some swapping of components and get a slightly better frame get the Lynskey Peloton or the Lynskey Rouleur if you want a more aggressive geometry over either the MB or the Peloton, or the Lynskey Viale if you want a commuting or light touring type of bike, but get the through Adrenalin Bikes if you want the ability to swap components before getting it.

One maybe maybe not important note, the Lynskey Peloton and Viale bikes are capable of using a 700c x 28 tire, the 2012 MB model would only accept a 25 in the rear and 23 in the front, not sure if the new models will accept 25 all around but I'm pretty sure (but not positive) they will not accept a 28. There is a $800 difference between the MB with Ultegra vs the Lynskey with 105; remember though I got mine on sale so my $800 difference was with a highly upgraded Enve 2.0 fork, and a highly upgraded Cane Creek 110 headset, Ultegra RD, slightly more aero Shimano RS500 silver series wheels, Dura Ace cables, and Speedplay stainless Frog pedals.

Best of luck in your decision, for me it would be no brainer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The thread is only 5 days old...

This is next on my list: 2015 Motobecane Fly Titanium 27.5 / 650B

If you know your size and the dimensions you're looking for... go for it. I would rather spend $2300 over $7200 on a Trek Superfly 9.9 SL XTR any day. Like a cx bike, it's going to get banged up and beat to hell, save your money on replacement components.

As for the LBS's, I am a regular at atlest 10 shops in my neighborhood and sometimes volunteer in the service dept on the weekends. I buy all my accessories, clothing, tools, and my wife's bikes from them. If I dont have the correct tool or knowledge to have something installed, I dont hesitate to drop off my moto bikes, and usually they are amazed at the quality and component sets for the price, so to each his own.

pc0
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Just received some information I thought I'd share -
    For any holdouts like me who were waiting for the next iteration of the Ti Heat (SRAM version), that model has been canceled. Also, doesn't look like the LeChamp Ti will have any incoming stock any time soon either.

This is really unfortunate, as I'm not sure I want to increase my budget $700 for the SL version

RoadBikeReview Member
    A couple updates

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattheis View Post
    A couple updates

LOL, why would you put Boardman decals on a Motobecane? See this: Save Up to 60% Off Road Titanium framesets - Motobecane Le Champion Team Ti Talk about a fake bike, you should strip off the Motobecane wing emblem and see if you can sell it for twice what you paid for it!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    ...Because its my last name. Im not trying to FAKE a chris boardman, Sorry.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattheis View Post
    ...Because its my last name. Im not trying to FAKE a chris boardman, Sorry.
    That's too bad, I thought it was very funny! I really did!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I had the decals made to match a jersey I designed for a charity ride to sponsor my dad. Chill the f*ck out, it was temporary.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819