RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011

Smile Century Comp or Immortal Pro

I'm in the market for a CF bike and Im looking a Century Pro or Immortal Pro. I'm 5'5 and
    considering the 50cm or 52.
    Any input would be great. Just new to the forum, thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    It would depend upon your ride focus really. The Century frame is described as a plush or all purpose geometry while the Immortal frame is described as a race geometry.

If you are looking for more riding in the hoods or relaxed riding, I think the Century would be the better choice. Me, I have the Immortal Pro and it is a great ride that I have raced in a number of triathlons and rode in several organizaed century and shorter events. The Immortal is, in my opinion, definitely a racing frame as it demands attention and responds very quickly to inputs.

I hope that helps.
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities. Voltaire

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. Thomas Jefferson

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks Wayne. This really helps me decide. I finally decided the Century, I will post pictures here when the bikes arrive.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Hey Wayne...how do you like the Immortal? I'm thinking of getting one. I currently have a Cervelo P2C for triathlons but I want a road bike as well for group rides. Any suggestions would be appreciated
    -Tyler

RoadBikeReview Member
    tykid72,

I like my Immortal Pro very much as a race bike and also for hills and long century distance rides. I changed the wheels, saddle and pedals from those the bike came with, and shortened the stem to fit myself better, but I love the Ultegra and FSA gear that that remain on the bike. The frame in yellow is gorgeous, and has received a lot of compliments when I rode it in the Gran Fondo Miami and a few other rides.

The price for the Immortal is almost a steal, a new Ultegra gruppo costs more than the Immortal Pro and a new frame is less than $500. That is a big advantage for a bike in a race or other event where a wreck is always a possibility. I was asked why I chose my Immortal in one race and I pointed out the other riders Cervelo frame and asked what it would cost to replace. The reply was in the thousands of dollars, more than a new Immortal Pro costs out of the box. My answer back reflected that information, which made him and a few others think a bit differently.

Overall, the Immortal Pro is a lightweight go fast, no nonsense bike, capable of far more than my old 50 year old legs can produce, at a price that still makes me smile as I clip in at the start of a big ride. I keep it maintained fairly well, and it is utterly silent with no creaks or clicks to disturb the pace line. I would buy another Immortal Pro without a question if something bad happened to my current ride.
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities. Voltaire

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. Thomas Jefferson

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks for the reply. I'm planning on getting one once I get my tax return for this year I haven't decided on the ultegra or dura ace versions but I figure either way, you can't go wrong. Thanks again