Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    The "checkerbox" pattern is the visible weave pattern of the actual carbon fiber construction of the frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012

Condor SR-F

Hi, I'm a total newbie to road bikes, bicycle forums, etc. This July I rode the final 3 days of RAGBRAI - an annual bike trek across the state of Iowa - and loved it. The only problem was that the old Trek 700 I was riding was a bit limiting on long stretches, and also ran out of pedal on descents (yes, contrary to popular opinion Iowa does have hills). While researching components, checking LBS bikes (Trek, Giant, Felt, Specialized and Cannondale) and lurking around forums like this one, I found out about the Condor Flight SR-F. It Looked like a great combination of components and price, so I took the plunge and ordered the SR-F from bikeshopwarehouse.com. Six days later it was in my garage. The only thing I'm not sure of is the manufacturer of the frame. The rest of the components seem great. The bike has held up very well over the 45 miles I've put on it . One thing I AM sure of is that the seat is killing my seat! Will have to swap that out. At any rate, I love the bike so far and will keep you posted as to its performance. BTW Bikeshopwarehouse is now out of the SR-F in 55cm.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    My Superbird SR-A is a Kinesis Taiwan frame and has so far been great. I do not know about the Flight, but assume it is also Kinesis Taiwan.

klo
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    Bikeshopwarehouse said it's torayca ultra high modulus carbon which is made by Toray.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    Does anyone know, warranty notwithstanding, if simple nailpolish remover will take the decals off? I was thinking of getting one and putting my own badging on it but I'm wondering if the clearcoat would prevent the decals from coming off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    All of the BD bikes have the decals under the clear coat, except for the titanium frames, which dont have any clear coat except on the carbon forks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012

Condor SR-F

about 1600 miles on the condor with sram force from BSW. good luck getting close to this bike in your LBS for almost twice the money (don't forget taxes!). if you need their input for fit, or continuous mechanical support that usually accompanies a new bike purchase, then that would be the way to go. only thing i swapped out was the saddle. went with the selle-anatomica "clydesdale". so far, great. no problems at all with the bike. went through and tightened everything after about 500 miles, and thats it. also got the two shorts available from BD. also awesome. i honestly don't know how they do it. maybe the frame just disintegrates after one year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    That's great news, ovcyclist. I've only put 250 on mine and love it. Only thing I changed was the pedals for Shimano A530s as it was my first shot at clipless and I wanted to be able to flip them in town. Reversed them the first time through town and no more. Clipless are the only way to go. For that matter, the Condor Flight SR-F is also a great way to go. However they're doing it I hope they keep it up. Went for a quick ride just before dark this afternoon and noticed that my feet got pretty cold in the 48 degree weather.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012

Condor flight

I bought my Condor Flight with Sram Apex from Bikeshopwarehouse.com, and have about 1500 miles on it now. So far it has been awesome. It's a great bike for $1200.00 with a full carbon frame and fork. The Vuelta Pro XRP wheels it came with are very heavy and I replaced them. The bike was about 19 1/2 lbs without pedals before i replaced the wheels, now its under 18 lbs. Knowing that now, I should have chosen the SRF (Sram Force) with a better wheel set for only a couple hundred more. Great bikes for the price.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Here's an update on how the frames been holding up. It's GREAT! I have about 1500 miles on it so far. It's survived 2 crashes. 1 took me out for a couple of months before the road rash subdued. I was really worried since it's carbon but much to my surprise it's very durable. It's very comfortable even on 75+ mile rides. I did swap out the bars for 3T carbon bars which helps. It's a shame BD stopped carrying this bike. I wonder if it sold out and that's it or maybe they just weren't making money on it. I'd like the condor with DI2 Ultegras but then again the Century Pro is the same thing. The wheelset is awesome. Comfy and rolls for ever! Low rolling resistance. I also put on Conti Gatorskins 25C for comfort.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks for the input hockey chris. Got my Condor Flight SRF late last summer. I'm dying to get back on it this spring, and wouldn't you know it the weather has been cold! Last year on St. Patrick's day it was in the 80s. This year in the 20s. I've only been on it once this year. C'mon warm weather!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2014

Cool I think it is a FELT F 75

Quote Originally Posted by jpfirefly View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Condor is a new "mark" for Bikes Direct. I was trying to figure out what the frame geometry resembled. As first glance I thought they might be NOS Madone frames from a couple of years back, but after comparing them I'm not confident in that one. Anyone have any guesses?
    I have this bike and love it, the SRF model, with SRAM APEX group. I have compared this frame to the FELT F75 and they appear identical.
    Last edited by Aquavarna; 08-25-2014 at 08:01 AM. Reason: typo

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    Apologies for waiting nearly 4 years to get back on how I like the Condor Flight SRF! I now have a little over 11K miles on it and have only one complaint about the bike. It's built for 23mm or smaller tires - at least with the Kysrium Elites. 25 will work on the front, but the tolerance is so tight that a tar-covered piece of gravel caught in the hole at the bottom of the fork crown and started rubbing on the tire. We were riding up a steep road at the time (Guanella Pass), and it probably happened because we were going pretty slow. After riding in those or similar conditions I make sure the crown is clear. I suppose that switching back to 23s on the front would take care of the issue but it hasn't happened often enough to bother me. There is not enough clearance in the rear to use a 25, so I have a 23 back there. Other than that, the bike has been great. We rode the Triple Bypass last year and there was no vibration during the descents which topped out in the low 40mph range. Drive train has been very dependable - only replacement was a new chain and a derailleur hanger which did it's job in a crash. One side note: the crash occurred during a large group bike ride across Iowa. There are numerous bike repair tents that followed us, and not one of them had the right replacement hanger. One mechanic even said "that's what you get for buying a cut rate bike online". My local bikeshop had the correct replacement part. In short, the bike has been outstanding, and I have no regrets about the purchase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12