Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

Le Champion Team Titanium 59cm

16.5 lbs without pedals 17lbs with Time RXS pedals

This is the team version with full Dura-Ace grupo (even bb, crank, chain - all Dura-Ace). The carbon fork has carbon steerer - but alloy seatpost, stem, bars and CroMo saddle rails could be swapped for lighter, CF or Ti parts. Still pretty light for a 59cm frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Le Champ Ti Heat (sram rival, mavic aksium wheelset) 51cm

17.5 lbs out of the box without pedals.

banned
    Apr 2011
    I have the Immortal Heat Carbon fiber with Full force group and Ksyrium elite wheels. IT came out of the box at 16.5lbs and that is in a 62cm frame so it's pretty light. I sold the Ksyriums because I already had some 32 spoke velocity fusions that weighed the same and being a clyde I wanted a trustier wheelset for day to day use. I also have a set of chinese tubulars htat actually weigh in about 250 grams less than those other wheels.
    Just weighed it again with my bathroom scale and with pedals, and 2 alloy bottle cages, computer, and seat bag with the carbon tubulars with a continental competition 19mm up front and a vittoria rally 21mm on the rear and it weighed in at 16.8. Not bad at all for a sub $2000 bike.

not a great pic

The Pb Torpedo
    Jun 2011

"2012" Le Champion SL Ti, 51cm - 17.16 lbs

17.16 lbs according to bike shop scale.

This is w/out pedals, reflectors, but before removal of the spoke protector. I suppose you also could ditch the valves' caps and knurled rings (I am in the school of keeping 'em on), and get it closer to 17.1 than 17.2.

banned
    Sep 2011

Windsor Wellington 3.0 53cm

24.3 lbs per lbs er, Mountaineering store scale. Stock as shown with alu water bottle cage xtra. See why acronyms suck ? With 36-spoke wheels and pretty beefy or at least dense rims.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    55cm Motobecane Century Pro, 19.0 lbs out of the box with no pedals (listed at 18.5 in the 50cm size on the website).

Now it weighs 18.5 loaded up with bag, pedals, etc. Upgraded a few parts to compensate for the weight of the extra parts.

banned
    Oct 2011
    54cm Mercier Galaxy AL SC2 = 25 lbs. (Not bad for a $300 bike!)
    Last edited by SolitaryRider; 10-25-2011 at 06:53 PM.

banned
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryRider View Post
    Mercier Galaxy AL SC2 = 25 lbs. (Not bad for a $300 bike!)
    Pics or it didn't happen. If you dont have a Photobucket or Picasa site, you can e-mail them to me and I'll post.

banned
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MySpokeIsABroke View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen. If you dont have a Photobucket or Picasa site, you can e-mail them to me and I'll post.
    I'll be posting pics... maybe even a video review.... - in a review which I'll post in a thread dedicated to it. Just didn't have time today before it got dark, as my UPS guy comes really late, and I was in the middle of baling of hay.

EDIT: Oh, you mean pics of me weighing it? Didn't even think of that, but can-do! I actually did the weight thing 4 times- i.e. weighed myself, then myself holding the bike- four separate times. 3 times I got 25 lbs. Once I got 23 lbs! (Couldn't weigh much more than 25, 'cause with the box and packing materials, it weighed 29 according to UPS- and believe me, I used to have a UPS account...they're very fussy about accurate weights- rounding up to the next nearest pound)
    Last edited by SolitaryRider; 10-25-2011 at 05:29 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    55cm Motobecane Century Pro, 19.0 lbs out of the box with no pedals (listed at 18.5 in the 50cm size on the website).

Now it weighs 18.5 loaded up with bag, pedals, etc. Upgraded a few parts to compensate for the weight of the extra parts.

No picture yet, not enough posts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    55 cm Bottecchia CF79 Team with pedals, and carbon bars ... 16.98 lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How much does your BikesDirect Bike Weigh?-p1020204.jpg   How much does your BikesDirect Bike Weigh?-p1020400.jpg  
    Last edited by flatsix911; 10-15-2014 at 12:00 AM.

banned
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by flatsix911 View Post
    55 cm Bottecchia CF79 Team with pedals, and carbon bars ... 16.98 lbs
    Is that a Bikes Direct bike ???

Edit: or anything close ???

RoadBikeReview Member
    Is that a Bikes Direct bike ???
    Edit: or anything close ???
    Yes, they sold them 3+ years ago with Campy and are still available on eBay with DA7900

BOTTECCHIA CARBON FIBER ROAD BIKE DURA-ACE NEW 2010 | eBay

banned
    Sep 2011
    I also found them online at Cycle Spectrum, which seems to be a outlet retail store for Bikes Direct. Nice Bike Does the Botte correspond to any model on the Bikes Direct Web Page ??

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    I also found them online at Cycle Spectrum, which seems to be a outlet retail store for Bikes Direct. Nice Bike Does the Botte correspond to any model on the Bikes Direct Web Page ??
    The Bottecchia's frame looks like the one used on their current Century line: Carbon Roadbikes - 2010 Motobecane Century Comp

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandTom View Post
    The Bottecchia's frame looks like the one used on their current Century line:
    I closely inspected the pictures and it looks identical. Nice bike, but has some house components that are difficult to identify.

The Pb Torpedo
    Jun 2011
    I had a shop check the bike out, true & tension wheels, etc.

Without the spoke-protector / dork-disk / pie-plate, it weighed in at 17.06 lbs. I don't believe the spoke protector weighted a whole tenth of a pound, so there must be some imprecision in the scale and/or some other differences with the bike. I also weighed it at home and, limited to 0.1 lb resolution, got 17.1.

Quote Originally Posted by paulfeng View Post
    17.16 lbs according to bike shop scale.

This is w/out pedals, reflectors, but before removal of the spoke protector. I suppose you also could ditch the valves' caps and knurled rings (I am in the school of keeping 'em on), and get it closer to 17.1 than 17.2.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandTom View Post
    The Bottecchia's frame looks like the one used on their current Century line: Carbon Roadbikes - 2010 Motobecane Century Comp
    Quote Originally Posted by wooglins View Post
    I closely inspected the pictures and it looks identical. Nice bike, but has some house components that are difficult to identify.
    You guys have a very sharp eye for details ...
    The Bottecchia frame is identical to the Century frame at BD.

Carbon Road Bikes, Roadbikes - 2011 Motobecane Century Team
    Last edited by flatsix911; 09-11-2012 at 07:23 PM.

The Pb Torpedo
    Jun 2011

Wheel weight for Le Champion Ti SL

I weighed just the Ksyrium Equipe wheels (with tires/tubes, skewers, cassette) and the pair came to 5.9 lbs.

FWIW, this is almost exactly what I came up with when adding up the claimed weights of all the constituent parts. (Manufacturers provide wheel weights w/out skewers & rim strips, right?)

banned
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfeng View Post
    I weighed just the Ksyrium Equipe wheels (with tires/tubes, skewers, cassette) and the pair came to 5.9 lbs.

FWIW, this is almost exactly what I came up with when adding up the claimed weights of all the constituent parts. (Manufacturers provide wheel weights w/out skewers & rim strips, right?)
    manf wheel weights are without skewers, casette, rim tape, tires, tubes. they are just the hubs, rim, and spokes. now obviously there are tons of variations to be had. there are tubes that are 50 grams and tubes that are 120 grams. tires that are 200 grams, tires that are 300 grams casettes that are 175 grams and casettes that are 375 grams. lots of places to save weight on wheels.

The Pb Torpedo
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by motobecane69 View Post
    lots of places to save weight on wheels.
    ...which, I will add, is not a direction I am going in. Just reporting what my wheels weigh as is.

B05
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I wish Moto just quit on putting cheesy decals. I really want their CF bikes but the decals just turn me off.

I love my Vent Noir to death but Moto just went crazy with the decals.

I'll put the weight of my VN as soon as I get to my LBS.

btw, those Bottechia bikes AINT TOO BAD @ $1900 w/ DA. damn. You get a CF + DA (man, if they went with a DA crank I'd probably be buying one now) under $2000. That's probably the cheapest bike I've seen frame/component wise ever.

RoadBikeReview Member

2011 Motobecane Immortal Inferno

2011 Motobecane Immortal Inferno SRAM RED, Mavic Ksyrium Elite Wheels
    I have two scales. One is a inexpensive digital luggage scale and the other is a 80.00 HoMedics digital scale. Since the HoMedics reads my weight the same as my Docs and Gym I'll use those weights. Weighed myself with and without the bike.
    59cm 16.4 out of the box.
    Ready to ride with my pedals, bottle cages and speedo. lighter tires ,tubes and seat. Seat was only 10 grams lighter. 16.6.
    The tires that came on the bike are wire bead 290 grams the tubes 91 grams. My tires are front 209 rear 231. The specialized tubes I use are 67 grams. I weighed these myself with a small digital scale from Walmart.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How much does your BikesDirect Bike Weigh?-img_0414.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm really eyeing the Kestrel Evoke 2: Shimano Ultegra equipped Road Bikes - 2011 Kestrel Talon Road Bicycles with Shimano Ultegra group | Save up to 60% off List prices

Full Ultegra group, except for the wheels/hubs which are Mavic Aksium. For $2k that would be a significant upgrade to my aluminum Windsor Knight. I love my Windsor, but a super light CF bike...yummy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    I'm really eyeing the Kestrel Evoke 2: Shimano Ultegra equipped Road Bikes - 2011 Kestrel Talon Road Bicycles with Shimano Ultegra group

Full Ultegra group, except for the wheels/hubs which are Mavic Aksium. For $2k that would be a significant upgrade to my aluminum Windsor Knight. I love my Windsor, but a super light CF bike...yummy.
    Beautiful bike
    Also take a look at the Kestrel RT800SL
    Kestrel RT800SL Shimano Ultegra

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast