Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbolicious View Post
    There's one of those TIG welded bikes on ebay right now.

GRAN PREMIO SHIMANO TIAGRA TRIPLE ROAD BIKE FLOOR MODEL | eBay
    I know, wrong size
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

~ Benjamin Franklin

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab24029 View Post
    Sorry to resurrect the old thread.

I wonder(Mike still available?), what happened to new for 2012 Gran Turino Reynolds 725 tubing tig-welded bike with carbon fork and "sport" geometry that fits 28 tires or fenders and have braze-on for rack and fenders?

Bikesdirect does not have them, I think, never did. I did see some "demo" models selling on e-bay for under a $1000.00. I think, most commuters, tourists , long-distance riders and weekend worriers would love to get a bike like that instead of paying more for 4130 heavier frames from other manufactures or more expensive lugged frames. Races will not get those bikes, but most people do not race anyway.

I actually could not find any bikes with higher steel tubing and sports geometry(18-19lbs), unless I go to England and look at Genesis Equilibrium. There only a few bikes exists on this side of custom on this side of Atlantic, like Jamis Quest, Soma Smoothie(frame only) , but even those do not come with 725 tubing

If you look at their entire lineup, they have ZERO steel geared bikes. Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbolicious View Post
    There's one of those TIG welded bikes on ebay right now.

GRAN PREMIO SHIMANO TIAGRA TRIPLE ROAD BIKE FLOOR MODEL | eBay
    There's something wrong with the look of compact geometry with classic steel.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    An old stock 853 bikesdirect model in 54cm. Probably not quite what you're looking for either, though!

MERCIER SERPENS STEEL SHIMANO ULTEGRA ROAD BIKE 54cm | eBay

kma
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005
    I bought one of your Gran Premio Inferno's many years ago when you first introduced them. I still ride it and have thousands of miles on it. I get lots of compliments on it. The subtle small decal on the top tube and no downtube decal is nice and classy. I would be interested in buying another steel bike with Sram Red 11 speed compact. Would also consider Shimano Dura Ace 11 compact. I'm okay without lugs to keep the price in check. Compatibility for fatter tires and eyelets for fenders/rack. Would also entertain discs but calipers would be fine too. Thanks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345