RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2018

Thumbs up Motobecane Turino Bike Packing Setup

I recently took a gamble on the Motobecane Turino from Bikesdirect.com. Ive always been curious about these bikes at such a low price point and was willing to put down the $1000 to find out.

Out the box the bike weighs about 10kgs which isn't too bad.

Shimano 5800/105 2x11 Spd STI Drivetrain

TOP TRP Hy-Rd Hydraulic DISC BRAKE CALIPERS
    SHIMANO 5800/105 DERAILLEURS
    FSA ALUMINUM COMPACT CRANKSET is great for flattening hills

I swapped the cheap wheelset with a spare set of Mavic CrossOne. Also Cheap but fit the 35c tyres I'm running quite well.

All works well. Taking this bike into Lesotho for a bit of mountain bikepacking so itll get a good test in the next few weeks.

More info to follow but for now I think that if you're in the market for a $1000 bike this one is the one for you.

Just need to trim that damn steerer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motobecane Turino Bike Packing Setup-img_4580.jpg   Motobecane Turino Bike Packing Setup-img_1253.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2017
    Good point. I added a pair of HyRds on mine (lower level $600 retail version which comes Claris) when I accidentally busted my Tektro's and couldn't wait for the replacement part to come in. These are really great upgrades since it allows them to use the cheaper and more versatile mechanical levers with only a little loss of braking power vs. full hydraulic (most notably in the rear where it doesn't matter much anyway).

Another suggestion (which I wish I followed) is to consider the OmniStrada instead of the Turino and then get touring tires. The Turino has too narrow rims for any decent tires so you have to replace the entire wheels, but the OmniStrada is the same as the Turino but with 23i tubeless ready rims. While you can't put on 23 or 25c racing slicks on those tires, you can do anything else.

Hope you're enjoying your ride!

I'll have to double check, but I think the wheels may actually be lighter too. It sure seems that way (bought omnistrada aftermarket later).