Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiecarman View Post
    so been riding the Gravity Pro 30 for a week now 50cm (I'm 5'10) and its super comfortable and the bike is quick! So how - some way Bikes Direct messed up in my favor. I packed the bike and the rear deraillur was dura ace! Not ultegra! Score
    LOL wow, someone's lucky! How is it now?
    But I'm also confused on my geometry, and have the same dilemma as you had, but instead of it being about the Pro 30 (amazing looking bike btw), but on the Gravity Liberty CX-D from BD as well. My measurements are right in between of what BD suggests (5'9.5" - 5'10", 140 lbs, 32-inch inseam), so I'm confused on whether to get the 50cm or 54cm. Sorry for semi-off-topic, but since many people here have fit questions, I figured this would be a good place to start

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    I'm looking at the Gravity Team Road Bike. It does not seem like anyone on here has one.

If I'm 6'0" with a 34" inseam it sounds like I would need the 56 in the Gravity? Does that sound right? I road a 58 Specialized Tramac and it felt really nice. But it was an '09 at the LBS with the older version of 105 components and I did not feel like I wanted to plunk down that much change on a 3-4 year old bike.

Do you still love your Gravity road bike? Let me know.. Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gdfred88 View Post
    I'm looking at the Gravity Team Road Bike. It does not seem like anyone on here has one.

If I'm 6'0" with a 34" inseam it sounds like I would need the 56 in the Gravity? Does that sound right? I road a 58 Specialized Tramac and it felt really nice. But it was an '09 at the LBS with the older version of 105 components and I did not feel like I wanted to plunk down that much change on a 3-4 year old bike.

Do you still love your Gravity road bike? Let me know.. Thanks.
    BTW: I'm currently riding a Scott P2 hybrid. I commute between 18 and 36 miles a day (depending on whether I do one-way or two each day).

The Scott is a little more upright than I want and I want something a little lighter and a little lower ride profile. My average speed on the P2 is about 15.5mph over a 20-25 mile ride. Hoping I can crank out a little more speed from a dedicated road bike.

Looking forward to hearing if you still like the Gravity or not... Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2014
    I purchased a Gravity Pro 20 about 2 months ago as a last resort I would like to say because all the advice I had gotten was to stay away from this online bike store. I couldn't find anyone who had one I could look at or ride. This was after searching LBSs and Ads looking for something I could get for my 5' 5" size all within my $1000 budget for bike and gear which I still exceeded slightly. I ended meeting a guy a work who was very knowledgeable. He took me to the site and explained the geometry of the bike and how it would work for me. I can say that the bike came in great shape. Ready to go out the box Wheels true and shifting good. I do have to say that my experience isn't extensive. I was riding a 12 years old Concorde. So, that could have something to do with why I feel the pro 20 works so good for me. I have rode Jamis and Cad that were super good, but more bent over than I prefer, but more so out of my price range. Finally, I have put about 200 miles on it with yesterday being my longest none stop ride of just over 40 miles and it was a great ride. Averaged 14.2 miles per and that was with the road crossings. All that being said, I do believe that online buying is risky and had I not met Dan. I would not have. I can't promise you an experience like I had with BD, but mine was good. I had phone and email communication with 2 Reps. It worked for me to get involved at another level in a sport that I had admired from a distance for quite awhile.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234