RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009

Photo of my new Century Ti Pro (debadged)

I could no longer resist this deal when the Century Ti Pro went to Ultegra crankset and included thru axles this year. Thought I'd share this as a way to say thanks to the forum for info that helped me with selection and sizing.

I put on tubeless tires, swapped seat, post, and bars, removed labels and I'm all set with gravel & commuter setup.

BTW, I have a Seven Cycles titanium road bike and I'm pleasantly surprised by the craftsmanship on this ORA Engineering ti frame. The welds are not quite as thin or consistent as my Seven but they're very clean and the butted ti frame is really nicely put together.

Cheers!

Photo of my new Century Ti Pro (debadged)-my_ti_gravel_bike.jpg
    Last edited by passingthrough; 03-11-2017 at 04:48 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2017

re: Yr Century Ti Pro

Quote Originally Posted by passingthrough View Post
    I could no longer resist this deal when the Century Ti Pro went to Ultegra crankset and included thru axles this year. Thought I'd share this as a way to say thanks to the forum for info that helped me with selection and sizing.

I put on tubeless tires, swapped seat, post, and bars, removed labels and I'm all set with gravel & commuter setup.

BTW, I have a Seven Cycles titanium road bike and I'm pleasantly surprised by the craftsmanship on this ORA Engineering ti frame. The welds are not quite as thin or consistent as my Seven but they're very clean and the butted ti frame is really nicely put together.

Cheers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my_ti_gravel_bike.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	318283

Nice bike, Passingthrough, I have been on the fence on buying the same rig, to which I would make similar mods. Whats holding me back is weight. Can't find a legit weight on this anywhere. You mind weighing that bike with your mods and reporting on the overall? I have seen random numbers up in to the 26 pound range, which just seems wrong, considering that this is Ti. I would expect maybe 20-21 with those heavy wheels and the parts you replaced? 19-20 after the mods? Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    You mind weighing that bike with your mods and reporting on the overall?
    Sure, the weight for my bike (53 cm size) is 21.85 lbs with stock everything except seatpost, saddle, handlebar, and tires. That weight includes my platform SPD pedals which weigh ~1 lb, so without pedals it would be ~20.85 lbs.

Hope that helps.

BTW, I'm really enjoying this bike. I'm actually mulling over selling my Seven Axiom which is something I thought I'd never do. I have no plans to join fast club rides where the slight benefit the Seven might give me would matter and I'd happily pick the Century Pro now even for road riding b/c I like the hydraulic disc brakes (I live in the mountains) and the tubeless wider tires.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    How did you remove the sticker from the forks? Also the forks look matte in the picture

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dust338 View Post
    How did you remove the sticker from the forks? Also the forks look matte in the picture
    Plasti Dip spray. About 6 coats to completely hide the outline of the "high modulus carbon" decal.

The decal is under clear coat so this was the quick and easy solution.