Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tednugent View Post
    chromoly fork & 7-speed drivetrain.....

spend the extra $20 imo
    I don't like TedNugent's music, but hey, I am not perfect. Cat Scratch Fever !! Ted is correct. Very very good advice.

Spend the $20.
    Only the dead shall know the end of war.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    I am going to put this n here. N00bie and just want to check interest in cycling after 20 years.

TLDR/

I want a decent bike for exercise and fun. Live in a flat area. I am poor. I do not want to work more than ride/am mechanically inclined. Last bike I had new was - wow-around 1985 Huffy 10 speed.

Considering the Windsor 2013 3.0 - 399.00
    Save Up to 60% Off Road Bikes - Windsor Wellington 3.0 Web Sale Prices

Windsor Wellington 4.0
    Save Up to 60% Off Carbon Fork Road Bikes - Windsor Wellington 4.0 Web Sale Prices

I am open to any suggestions/any store.

TIA

Weekend Warrior
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz2014 View Post
    I am going to put this n here. N00bie and just want to check interest in cycling after 20 years.

TLDR/

I want a decent bike for exercise and fun. Live in a flat area. I am poor. I do not want to work more than ride/am mechanically inclined. Last bike I had new was - wow-around 1985 Huffy 10 speed.

Considering the Windsor 2013 3.0 - 399.00
    Save Up to 60% Off Road Bikes - Windsor Wellington 3.0 Web Sale Prices

Windsor Wellington 4.0
    Save Up to 60% Off Carbon Fork Road Bikes - Windsor Wellington 4.0 Web Sale Prices

I am open to any suggestions/any store.

TIA
    Taz... like you, I am a "noobie". Back in early July, I was asking the same types of questions. I ended up with a Bikes Direct Motobecane Mirage. You can see the thread I started Just getting started with a BikesDirect Bike

I love it, I am riding a 60-70 miles a week while I slowly but surely build my endurance and love for riding.

I am so, so , so very glad I made a sensible purchase to start with. The Wellington's will be great bikes. Knowing what I know after a couple of months and over 400 miles, I would say that either one would be perfect. My bike takes a second nudge at times to move the chain on the big ring, but it always gets there. The shifting on the rear cog has been flawless, although, I can hear a litte rubbing when I'm cross chained. But, its nothing and the bike runs perfect

I think what is most important to me as a noobie at my early stage. 1) integrated brake/shift levers. Both Wellingtons have that. 2) 24 speeds. You may not have a lot of power and will appreciate having more gears. I know I do. 3) comfortable seat... Buy a new seat before the bike arrives. Do not even bother with the seat the comes with it. a $40 gel seat will work wonders for you. 4) Tires: I immediately put on Continental Gatorskin's. I needed better flat protection. 5) Cleats and shoes 6) initial bike setup from a bike shop - gotta get the comfort dialed in.

The exact bike doesn't matter if you are a noob. Both of these are capable and are better than either your or my capabilities.

Just buy it already...
    Current skill level: Novice/Newbie
    Current ride: Motobecane Mirage. June 2014
    Goal: To get my fat ass out of my chair and do something!

I need to lose weight before the bike does.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Thanks for the input!

theanchorman
    Sep 2014
    This same bike is available on Bikesdirect as Wellington 4.0, but maybe some small differences. My question is should i go with the 56cm bike? I'm 5'9" but with shoes i guess you could add another 1/4 to height and my inseam with shoes is about 33 inch. Below is the link to the bike and sizing chart:

General Sizing Guide

47cm fits most cyclist 5' to 5'2"
    50cm fits most cyclist 5'3" to 5'5"
    53cm fits most cyclist 5'6" to 5'8"
    56cm fits most cyclist 5'9" to 5'11"
    59cm fits most cyclist 6' to 6'2"
    62cm fits most cyclist 6'2" to 6'4"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12