Thread: Mount Monadnock

Hammer

Mount Monadnock

To bad they don't have an access road to the top of Mount Monadnock because it would be a fun ride to the top. So took some time off the bike to work the legs in a different fashion today.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmDqH-bB7Vs

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    Years ago I read an article about a guy who hike up Monadnock EVERY DAY and set some kind of record running into YEARS. Setting a record wasn't the intent; I think he had gone through a divorce and had some other personal demons to slay, and this was his therapy.

Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
    Years ago I read an article about a guy who hike up Monadnock EVERY DAY and set some kind of record running into YEARS. Setting a record wasn't the intent; I think he had gone through a divorce and had some other personal demons to slay, and this was his therapy.
    He climbed the mountain for 2850 straight days = 7.8 years. He still climbs the mountain between 300 - 330 days a year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    That's pretty amazing no matter how you slice it but when you consider how nasty it can get up there on some winter days, wow.

I hiked it every day for like a month but that was in the summer. I've also hiked it in the worst of conditions in the winter and while I enjoyed it I wasn't looking to do the same thing the next day that's for sure. I can't even imagine 2850 straight days.

Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    That's pretty amazing no matter how you slice it but when you consider how nasty it can get up there on some winter days, wow.

I hiked it every day for like a month but that was in the summer. I've also hiked it in the worst of conditions in the winter and while I enjoyed it I wasn't looking to do the same thing the next day that's for sure. I can't even imagine 2850 straight days.
    Dam a month straight even in the summer is impressive, hats off to you Strongbow. Somewhere over the years we must have crossed paths on the road because you seem to roll out in a lot of areas that I roll out in.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zipp2001 View Post
    Dam a month straight even in the summer is impressive, hats off to you Strongbow. Somewhere over the years we must have crossed paths on the road because you seem to roll out in a lot of areas that I roll out in.
    Wouldn't surprise me, Zipp. I grew up really close to Monadnock and go back there often now. And was at the Clark quite frequently back in the day, but never did go to that bowling alley you said you owned (if I remember correctly). definitely would have but I never knew it was there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zipp2001 View Post
    Dam a month straight even in the summer is impressive, hats off to you Strongbow.
    And by the way that was many many moons ago. I didn't think it was that impressive then but it would be nothing short of a miracle for me to do that now. Ironically though back then I used to think a 20 miles bike ride was a big deal but now that's nothing.