RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013

New to the Danbury Ct area

We just moved to Danbury, CT from the great cycling state of WI. Cycling here leaves a lot to be desired. Does anyone have safe, nice routes of between 25-40 miles in this area? If they are very hilly, shorter is preferred. Also, is there anyone living in this area who would be interested in joining my husband and me in our endeavor to make this a more friendly and safe cycling community? Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    I'm just a bit north of you in New Milford. There are plenty of good routes, not all of them have a lot of hills, but probably still more then you are used to. There are a couple cycling clubs you might want to look into, Hat City Cyclists and Bethel Cycle. Bethel is a bike shop that also has a cycling club/ race team. Hat City does weekly Wednesday night rides, I haven't been able to do any rides with them yet due to family commitments, but it sounds like a good group. They also do an annual ride called Cyclefest in June that I did last year and it was well run.

A good place to start looking for rides is Map Bike Rides with Elevation Profiles, Analyze Cycling Performance, Train Better. Ride With GPS and see what has been posted by other people then go out and drive the route to become more familiar with the area. Feel free to send me a private message and I can answer any questions you might have and can share my routes, but all of them are up this way with lots of hills, but short.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myfinecycle View Post
    Cycling here leaves a lot to be desired.
    I'm now 20 minutes NW of Danbury in Dutchess County, NY. There's a lot of great riding around here. Go east of Danbury towards Bethel or go north towards New Milford and head into Litchfield County. The riding in and around Kent is also outstanding, quoted statement is quite incorrect.

You just missed Tour of the Litchfield Hills, which has to be one of the best organized rides in the area (out of Torrington).
    Swim away fugu fish, swim away!