Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

North Conway/Jackson riding

948 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr. Finn 
#1 ·
We are heading up to Jackson NH in a few weeks for a long weekend. Any suggestions on where to ride around there? Not afraid of some climbing.

#3 ·
Or, if you're feeling a bit on the masochistic side, throw in Hurricane Mountain Road!

I have done several routes in this area and did ride reports on them. If you search back in the last two years in the New England forum, you should be able to find them.

Reactions: PCM
#4 ·
It would be a lot easier to tell you where not to ride because pretty much everything in the area is good.

parts of rt 2 and though the middle of North Conway are the only roads I've ever been on where I wished I wasn't there. Rt. has a lot of fast big oil trucks and such and it can be scary during the week (but generally okay on a Sunday). Though the middle of North Conway is fine safety wise but it's like riding though a shopping mall. Pretty dull.

Jefferson Notch road is my favorite climb. It's gravel so maybe not for everyone though.

#6 ·
Ok so the weather didn't look great so we left the bikes at home and decided to hike instead.
Just an FYI for those looking to cycle up there, hurricane mtn road is under repair. We took backroads to avoid traffic(conway), they have it pretty well messed up at the moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.