Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Apologies to the Raccoon that I hit in Prospect Park

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  chriscc63 
#1 ·
Assuming you (a) have an internet connection and (b) follow roadbikereview, I'd like to extend my deepest apologies for running you over. Hope you survived after getting up and skulking off. What were you thinking running in front of me like that?? I was doing close to 30!! Oh, and to the guy that stopped to make sure I was still in one piece, thanks.

#7 ·
We have a lot of deer where I live, they like to lay in the ditches and they scare the crap out of me on a frequent basis late into the CX season when I have to ride a lot in the dark.

I think it was 2 years ago a rider got smoked by a deer in a race. I think it was the iceman mtb race in Traverse City, I thought it was on video but I can't find it. Someone else was hit by a deer the following spring in a gravel road race (Barry-Roubaix). Better than a bear I suppose but the riders still were real happy about it.

#13 · (Edited)
Near misses and hits

At least you didn't hit the bear cub in central park this week.:p

I hit a chipmunk once, actually he ran into the tire rim, knocked himself out momentarily then ran off.:)

Same day a dear ran across 5' in front of me and as I watched him I didn't see the second one which jumped right over my front tire almost kicked my face with the rear hove. I could smell him, that's how close.:eek:

Ahhhh Good Times, Good Times.:aureola:

Near misses and hits
Squirrels: 3
Chipmunks: 7
Idiots texting on cell phones: 47

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.