Thread: wildwood, nj

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004

wildwood, nj

I'm going to be in wildwood this weekend for an ultimate tournament. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good loop ~20 miles around there. Looking to get some training in on the fixed gear

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Hola, I was just down there last week, and the loop from Wildwood Crest to cape may back to rio grande was decent. the only annoying bits were the bridges on the Wildwood -> Cape may portion dont have adequate room to get past, so you either have to floor it or walk the tiny side if there is traffic.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1160911 is the map i used to figure out the distance as my computer died on me mid ride.

Pixie Sticks and Politics
    Cape May is a good route. You could go to the lighthouse then come back and hit Route 8 (I think that's the route #) and go north for a couple of miles. They even have a bike trail that was pretty nice. Was there about a month ago. They don't charge cyclists tolls on the bridges. I was in Avalon and rode north to a little town (not sure of the name - not from there), but that was a good ride. Little traffic. I found Wildwood to have a lot of traffic, especially with people going to the boardwalk.
    I want to know why Hemingway cracked. Sometimes truth is stanger than fiction.