RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008

Need FLAT road rides. Help with Routes

Recovering from hernia surgery. Doc says no mountain biking, and only road riding on the flats.

Did Danville BLVD to Bollinger Canyon today for 40 miles and 1,400'. This is about as flat as it comes around here. Unless I ride all the way to sunol.

Also thinking about the Danville BLVD to Dublin loop (Tasajara).

What other recomendations you got?

I am in East Bay.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Stockton

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Tasajara to Livermore is pretty rolley and flat. Highland road I think its called.

There isnt much other flat riding in the East bay. When I do TT rides I usually head down Danville blvd to Dublin, so boring.

I do all my own stunts
    Anything in the Central Valley!

Actually, if you don't mind driving a bit, the American River trail in Sacramento is pretty flat - around 50 miles round trip if I remember correctly.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    I live in the East Bay, too. I consider a ride 'flat' if it only has ~1000 feet over ~30 miles. That's just the nature of the terrain here. I love it because it forces you to be a good climber, but that's another thread.

If you want it to be really flat, you have to go to the Central Valley - Tracy, Stockton, Modesto. Those places are all very flat. I would hate living out there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just ride a trainer until you're cleared for more...
    All is not lost, just forgot that we never found it...

EWT
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TimV View Post
    I live in the East Bay, too. I consider a ride 'flat' if it only has ~1000 feet over ~30 miles. That's just the nature of the terrain here. I love it because it forces you to be a good climber, but that's another thread.

If you want it to be really flat, you have to go to the Central Valley - Tracy, Stockton, Modesto. Those places are all very flat. I would hate living out there.
    Fortunately, the foothills and East Bay aren't far away. There is a lot of good flat as a board rides north of Eight Mile Road among the vineyards between Stockton and Lodi.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry View Post
    Just ride a trainer until you're cleared for more...
    I should neg rep you for that!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    It's an hour drive (perhaps), but the Yolo - Solano county roads around Dixon, Davis, Winters and Woodland are flat as tabletops and incredibly scenic, in that rural farm-country way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    You are in the right area... It's mostly flat from Concord all the way to Pleasanton just as long as you stay near the Ironhorse/Danville Blvd.

But I do agree that anywhere near Davis, Winters, Sac is ALL flat like a pancake. I ride there all the time and I miss hills.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Davis/Woodland/Dixon/Winters area is pretty flat. They run up around the lake (Berryessa), but I think somewhere out there is a BIG hill. If you're on Facebook, look up Davis Bike Club or their web-page and you should find some info. West of town is miles and miles of farm land with empty roads that are totally flat and nice scenery..