RoadBikeReview Member

Portola Valley => Ocean ride July 4th weekend?

Anyone up for a longish ride from Portola Valley to the ocean and back around July 4th weekend? Route, day, time, distance (allow over 70 miles desired) etc. is open. Pace - just below a typical ukbloke ride.

Knives, Guns, and Booze
    I’d be up for a ride on Friday, the 3rd, if you can do it. Yes, I am unemployed, so Friday would just work better for some mysterious reason. Having ridden with you before, a “turbodiesel steamroller” pace is just fine by me.

Sep 2007
    Sounds like a great idea for a ride! We'll be away for the long weekend though. I had no idea that I had become a unit of speed!
    Old La Honda in less than 20 minutes! Or you can watch race video from the low-key hill climb on Welch Creek. More at www.biketelemetry.com.

"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.", Winnie-the-Pooh, A. A. Milne.

thien™
    Feb 2004
    Great Idea John.

I think we should rate all rides now based off of the ukbloke unit of speed...

-ukbloke speed
    -just under ukbloke speed
    -no where close to ukbloke speed

Knives, Guns, and Booze
    I am not even sure if I’ve ridden with ukbloke before on any RBR rides. Was the mysterious ukbloke at the most recent (June 13th) ride?

Sep 2007
    No, we haven't met. There was an outside chance that I could have made that ride but I was sick that day and we went to a Portugese festival instead. But I did do the 75km Tour De Cure ride the next day, still sick, on a mountain bike and pulling my daughter around in the trailer.

I'm not worthy of this speed unit. Perhaps it refers to my frequency of posting on the hill climbs thread?
    Old La Honda in less than 20 minutes! Or you can watch race video from the low-key hill climb on Welch Creek. More at www.biketelemetry.com.

"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.", Winnie-the-Pooh, A. A. Milne.

thien™
    Feb 2004
    Have met ukbloke at the begining and end of a few rbr rides, but not many have ridden with the infamous ukbloke, with exception of Dr. John...

You'll get a quick glimpse on flats, but once the grade goes up, ukbloke speed kicks in and *poof* gone.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by thien
    You'll get a quick glimpse on flats, but once the grade goes up, ukbloke speed kicks in and *poof* gone.
    I rode Highway 4 with ukbloke and I endorse this

He waits very, very patiently at summits, though

It is my goal to ride at ukbloke speed over long distances so I like the measure!