Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    banned

Praise for Rick Yu, bikefitter.

Recently I had the pleasure of having 2 of my bikes professionally fit by Rick Yu
    Rick's been in the bike business forever and has been fitting folks for many many years.
    He was referred by a good friend whom I trusted so I thought I'd give it a shot.
    In a word, Rick is amazing!
    He spent a good chunk of the time getting to know me, my riding style and what I was looking for.
    He took multiple measurements and was meticulous and precise.
    We spent about 2 hours together and at the end my Pinarello fit me better than it ever had!
    I felt more comfortable and was able to climb and descend more efficiently.
    We went through the same process on my Wilier and Rick is about to fit my girlfriend on her new Storck and me on my mountain bike.
    Truly amazing!
    The money I spent was the best money I'd ever spent on my bike...period!
    His rates are reasonable and fair...if you're thinking about getting fit, give Rick a call.
    He can be reached at 510.326.4221

Last edited by lastchild; 06-29-2011 at 03:16 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2006
    Yup, I also know Rick, he's fitted me, and he's a real nice guy. Meticulous, yes. Highly recommended for bike fits, and even questions on bikes in general.

the other Derek
    Absolutely! I've know Ricky for many years and his extensive knowledge, attention to detail, coupled with his high level of customer service makes him a great resource. Eden Cycles is very lucky to have a person of his caliber in their shop. Especially, since Ricky was burnt out on the bicycle industry a few years back.

banned
    tonite i had another opportunity to experience an awesome fit by Rick Yu.
    he did a fit on my new Santa Cruz Blur mtb and we did some tweeks to my Cento Uno Superleggera.

i cannot say enough about the quality of customer service Rick provides...it truly is unprecedented in this day and age to find someone as meticulous as Rick is.
    he stayed late to accommodate my weird schedule yet never once made me feel rushed...and we were there till 10pm!

if you live in the bay area and you still haven't gone to Rick you really are missing out on an awesome experience.

check him out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Another Rick endorser here. His attention to detail and willingness to educate as he goes along makes it a truly memorable experience. He and Chris Padavana owner of Eden make a great team.

RoadBikeReview Member

Rick is the bike god

Rick recently refit me at my house (luxury!) after I changed too many things at once and gorked my back. He got me back into the usual Rick-position-of-comfort-and-power. Can't recommend him enough.

And after taking care of me for 2 hours, he touched up my wife's bike gratis as he had fit her when we upgraded her bike to Di2.

Rick is the MAN!

Cheers,
    Suk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011

Rick Yu

I just had my third fit done by Rick. His powers of observation and knowledge of biomechanics continue to amaze me. After the fit, I felt like I was connected to the bike. Additionally, my neck pain had disappeared. During the fit he gave me an exercise to help me stabilize my left foot. Rick takes the time to get it right. I can't recommend him highly enough.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Rick fits my buddies Ruben and Emily - Rick's the MAN

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    How much does he charge?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by terrain View Post
    How much does he charge?
    I asked 2 weeks ago and was told $150 for a fitting. The shop used to throw a comp fitting in with new bike purchase though, something to keep in mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006
    Kudos to Rick! My wife and I went to Rick for fitting too and couldn't be happier.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tort View Post
    I asked 2 weeks ago and was told $150 for a fitting. The shop used to throw a comp fitting in with new bike purchase though, something to keep in mind.
    Thanks. Im happy with the pro fit I had last week for my Roubaix but may have to check out this shop when my Dogma arrives.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    Would this fit include shoe/pedal alignment etc? Would he put wedges in shoes if need be or does this fit just entail seat height/bar reach positioning?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Just called Eden Bicycles. Turns out that Rick doesn't work there anymore.Does anyone know where he went to, or how to get a fitting done by him? Thanks in advance!

RoadBikeReview Member
    dang! I just decided to get a fitting too and found out he's been gone for a few months! any other recommendations?
    "Ride it like you stole it!"

banned
    PM me and I will give you his cell phone number.
    He's been doing personal fittings at client's homes.
    Last edited by lastchild; 06-29-2011 at 03:17 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lastchild View Post
    PM me and I will give you his cell phone number.
    He's ben doing personal fittings at client's homes.
    Lastchild,

I don't have enough posts to be able to PM you, and I don't want to just post a bunch of random posts to get the right to PM you. Can you PM me with Rick's cell or post it for the thread? Thanks very much, in advance!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LARC View Post
    Lastchild,

I don't have enough posts to be able to PM you, and I don't want to just post a bunch of random posts to get the right to PM you. Can you PM me with Rick's cell or post it for the thread? Thanks very much, in advance!
    Same here for me! Can you do the same for me? Thanks!

Stephan

banned
    Ok folks here's Ricky's number

and email

rickyu@rocketmail.com

Call him for a consultation or appointment.

There was some talk of him going to Pegasus Bikes in Danville but at the moment I think he's still working on his own.

Jim.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lastchild View Post
    Ok folks here's Ricky's number

and email

Call him for a consultation or appointment.

There was some talk of him going to Pegasus Bikes in Danville but at the moment I think he's still working on his own.

Jim.
    Awesome. Thanks, Jim!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Yes, thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2006
    Just to chime in (add in), Rick fitted me on my cross-bike when he was still working in Castro Valley..it has been my main steed matted with 32-size slicks on wet roads, with all the wintry weather we're hitting. Now that he's on his own, it sounds like he's garnering even more cycling fans..I highly recommend him.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    More props for Rick. He did a fit for my girlfriend on Wednesday for her new Tri bike. He spent about 2 hours and was very meticulous. She said the difference was AMAZING!! Great guy and I will be getting a fit done myself after watching him go through the process with her.....there is NO WAY my bike fits after watching him getting her set up! hahahaha.

Mouse
    I hope the email posted still works, i just emailed him to try to set something up to have my first fitting done in preparation for the King Ridge Fondo in October... reading the past replies has me excited!
    Super Sagan!
    Once a NAK, always a NAK!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    I was in Eden recently asking about Rick as well. Chris P the owner was saddened by the parting of ways with his old friend Rick. It's not my business to share the details of our conversation but I sure am glad to know Rick is still doing fittings and will give him a call. Thanks for sharing this information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast