Neophyte

Santa Clara MUTs - doesn't anybody call out anymore?

Due to location and timing issue, I had to run instead of ride for exercise... did a 10k loop in Santa Clara on the Calabazas / Bay / San Tomas - Aquino Creek Trails...

During the run I was passed by 10 cyclists... ZERO called out while passing. I get that most people don't care anymore and tons of peds are wearing headphones, but this really surprised me. IMO it benefits the rider more than anyone else to call out or ring a bell.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    thats how MUT/MUPs are..I got lost in hell I don't even know what city.. Layafette I think near walnut creek. I was on I think Iron Horse trail for like a half mile because I knew it would take me to a recognizable street. First some old B' with a dog tells me "you're welcome" ? I was already in the dirt off the trail and going approx 5mph to make sure I didn't freak her dog out. Ofcourse I said WTF is that supposed to mean.. you should take control of your long leash on a multi-use trail you B!. No more then 60 seconds later a peloton of cyclists on the trail going approx 20mph+ going around walkers and joggers and right at me. I was like WTF you guys are idiots..they are yelling out rider up ..rider up.. yeah no ****. A couple of them nearly lost control trying to avoid all 10mph of me. Needless to say thankfully I recognized a street soon after and was on my way on the street.