Thread: Bronze Orca?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007

Bronze Orca?

Has anyone seen a bronze Orca or have pictures of one?

I've only seen stock photos from the various Orbea sites and catalog. I was planning on getting an orange Orca but recently changed the order to bronze. Now I'm having second/third thoughts after seeing pictures of gchesa's orange orca. The orange looks pretty darn good.

I have a deposit down on an Orca with the following:

SRAM Force Group
    Ritchey WCS Carbon 4AXIS Stem
    Ritchey WCS Carbon Streem Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Carbon Kit Flow Saddle
    Zeus Carbon Seatpost
    Custom Wheels (1370 grams): IRD Cadence Rims, Sapim CX-Rays (24/28), White Industries H1 hubs
    Speedplay X1 Titanium Pedals
    Dave-O Carbon Cages

It should be in the low 15 lb range. I wish I could see a bronze, orange and white frameset side by side!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007

The bronze is SWEET!

They have one at my LBS. Although if the orange is copper-esque that sounds cool too. You could wait a long time for an orange though.

Well, I'm not help at all am I?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by janetaylor7
    They have one at my LBS. Although if the orange is copper-esque that sounds cool too. You could wait a long time for an orange though.

Well, I'm not help at all am I?
    Thanks for the heads up. I went to Pacific Bicycles and took a look at the bronze frameset. The bronze doesn't do it for me. The orange is a much cooler looking color. However, white is still my favorite Orca color... clean and classic. So I asked my LBS to get a 57" white frameset with the Force group. Hopefully, they'll get it in a week.

My LBS called Orbea USA while I was in the shop. 30 white Orcas arrived this past Tuesday and they were all gone by Wednesday. Another shipment of white Orcas is coming next week. Orbea USA is still non-committal on the arrival of the orange and bronze framesets.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    Are those IRD rims the 19mm or 30mm version? I'm having some 30s built very similar to your build except they'll be 18/24. The estimated weight for mine is about 1420g.

Be sure to post some pics once the Orca comes in.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dave99ag
    Are those IRD rims the 19mm or 30mm version? I'm having some 30s built very similar to your build except they'll be 18/24. The estimated weight for mine is about 1420g.

Be sure to post some pics once the Orca comes in.
    The IRD rims are 19 mm. I'll definitely post pictures of the new bike!