Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

New vs. Old Orca

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Sundog 
#1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy a new 2013 Orca Bronze Ultegra 6700 for about a thousand plus off. My question, I don't mind paying for a 2015 M20 Ultegra but actually prefer the looks of the '13 and it rode sweet! Is the 11 speed and the slightly lighter frame worth it?

#2 ·
I have the '13 Orca Bronze Di2 and love it. If you can get a good deal on a '13 I think it's probably worth getting over shelling out a bunch more money.
I too got a good deal on mine. Bought it in March 2014 from CC who were clearing out their 2013's. Picked it up for 40% off. Great bike IMHO. Very comfortable ride for a racing bike.

#3 ·
Orca Bronze serves me well. Mine is a '12 model that I got on a warranty replacement for my '13 Onix frame.

One thing to watch out for on the old Orca is the space for the rear tire. If you want to run 25s, the space at the seat bridge is very cramped. Conti GPs barely fit. Pro 4 SC rubs a little. The chain stay clearance is fine.

I don't know if they fixed that issue on the new Orcas or not.

#4 ·
Orca Bronze serves me well. Mine is a '12 model that I got on a warranty replacement for my '13 Onix frame.
On the surface these seems askew. I have hear of a newer one for replacement, never older than the one it is replacing. Unless it is a higher level unit or something....

Just curious about a consensus of position on that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.