Thread: Orbea Orca 2008

CHL
    Naso Unicornis

Orbea Orca 2008

Hello,

Does anyone know what Orbea is planning on doing with the Orca for 2008? I'm in the market for a new bicycle and was considering an Orbea Orca. Just wandering if it would be worth it to wait for the 2008 model, if Orbea was planning on changing specs or features on the bike.

Thanks,

CHL

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006
    [QUOTE=CHL]Hello,

Does anyone know what Orbea is planning on doing with the Orca for 2008? I'm in the market for a new bicycle and was considering an Orbea Orca. Just wandering if it would be worth it to wait for the 2008 model, if Orbea was planning on changing specs or features on the bike.

Thanks,

Are you joking? All anyone is talking about is the new Orca, check this site and the Orbea website.

limit screwed
    Sep 2005
    The Orca frame is staying the same, with the addition of a new color, red.
    "They'll be making us a shoe made entirely of steel wool and canvas. Steel is real, wool is real, so it follows that steel wool is the realest material of them all."
    -buck-50

DraftMaster
    Jul 2006
    [QUOTE=Eric S]
    Quote Originally Posted by CHL
    Are you joking? All anyone is talking about is the new Orca, check this site and the Orbea website.
    What are you referring to? The new Ordu perhaps? Orca remains the same.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    orbea I believe will be making the rear dropouts one piece like the TDF bikes. curently they are 2 peice. also the front "O" will be made of carbon not aluminum
    2008 Cervelo R3-SL / SRAM Red

likes shiny bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by tete de la tour
    orbea I believe will be making the rear dropouts one piece like the TDF bikes. curently they are 2 peice. also the front "O" will be made of carbon not aluminum
    I was at the Orbea factory in Malabia (Basque Country) last month. My 3rd trip in 5 years. Had a nice chat with Felix, Dir. Quality Control. The 08 Orca is the same spec as the 07 with the addition of red. Drop-outs are unchanged as are the head tube 'O' cable guide.

The TdF bikes were proto-types with one piece drop-outs and 'magnesium' head tube cable guides.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauft
    I was at the Orbea factory in Malabia (Basque Country) last month. My 3rd trip in 5 years. Had a nice chat with Felix, Dir. Quality Control. The 08 Orca is the same spec as the 07 with the addition of red. Drop-outs are unchanged as are the head tube 'O' cable guide.

The TdF bikes were proto-types with one piece drop-outs and 'magnesium' head tube cable guides.
    I can assure I was not there. I was probably at home eating top ramen.
    2008 Cervelo R3-SL / SRAM Red