Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

European Check In: Who are you and where are you from?

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Thanos 
#1 ·
I noticed the regional threads for us Europeans are sadly not existent, so I decided to start one.

So, I would like to see you introducing yourself as for us to get to know each other, maybe discover a new friend around the corner.

I am 19 years old and from Germany, love fast road rides on my Trek as much as rushing through the forests on my BMC TE01 mountain bike.

I am from northern Germany, close to Bremen.
From end of April on I will spend about 3 month in Botosani, Romania and would also like to get to know some local riders, maybe discover a group for training and hear of some nice routes. If you know anything, let me know :D

And from August on, the nice city of London will be my home, challenging me to find new people to ride with and new routes again. I am looking forward to you guys!

#4 ·
Hello JMM, I'm planning on moving to Romania and would like to know how it is to cycle there as a foreigner. I'm sure you'll find some locals to join as cycling is very popular in Romania.

I'm 20 year old male from Helsinki, Finland. Not exactly a cyclist's paradise as the off-season covers 9 months of a year.

#5 ·
Hello everyone! I'm from Portugal. Not much Europeans around here...

For you guys in northern Europe my country might seem a cyclists paradise for the so called Medideterranean weather. :) For us, this time of the year is hell with the cold and mostly the rain. Can't wait for real good weather to arrive...

#6 ·
Hi, I'm not European but an American living in southern Germany (Stuttgart). I recently moved here with the family and have gotten to know some of the nice places to ride in the Black Forest. If anyone is up for a ride in the Black Forest, let me know.

#8 ·
I have been in Monaco for 2 weeks. Lots of riding so far. Lived in Northern Germany- Kiel/Rendsburg area for 2 years. Germany was great riding. Even in July when the rain starts and does not stop until the end of April.
Rode Col de Braus today, it was hot and considering I rode Madone yesterday it was hard. Heading to San Remo/Imperia area Tuesday which is great riding. In July if things go well with work (I am over here working) i should be able to head for the Alps. I am from South Florida where it is flat. I like the hills but they do not like me.

#13 ·
I'm from Croatia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.