Thread: Medellin

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002

Medellin

Hola, anyone on the board from Medellin? I will be in town Friday April 27 for several days and would love to do some rides. I also need to rent a 55 or 56cm bike.

My Spanish is almost zero.

Jim

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
    Hola, anyone on the board from Medellin? I will be in town Friday April 27 for several days and would love to do some rides. I also need to rent a 55 or 56cm bike.

My Spanish is almost zero.

Jim
    good luck, I'm heading back down in May and bringing my mountain bike. You can try to join this group on facebook for more info

https://www.facebook.com/groups/349109035175/

If you don't mind asking why are you heading down and with who? As a general rule you'll do a lot better off with someone speaking spanish and from the area.

Let me know if find anything out and I will as well as I'd love to do some road riding in the mountains as well, but got some great MTBing lined up in the mountains.

Aaron

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by abadyam View Post
    good luck, I'm heading back down in May and bringing my mountain bike. You can try to join this group on facebook for more info

If you don't mind asking why are you heading down and with who? As a general rule you'll do a lot better off with someone speaking spanish and from the area.

Let me know if find anything out and I will as well as I'd love to do some road riding in the mountains as well, but got some great MTBing lined up in the mountains.

Aaron
    I did find one place to rent a MTB. It's on calle 10 off the main drag near a great burger joint.

The other pilot speaks some spanish but I just cant get it. Back in Dec. I got a MTBR reply from a local but I cant get a reply now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002

Aaron
    I found out that its impossible to rent a good bike unless you do an expensive tour.
    On MTBR Jay from Medellin contacted me and we are going to try and hook up for a ride on sunday. Jay is going to loan me his sons bike.

I am going to try and find a used road bike buy and leave it here with a friend.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
    I found out that its impossible to rent a good bike unless you do an expensive tour.
    On MTBR Jay from Medellin contacted me and we are going to try and hook up for a ride on sunday. Jay is going to loan me his sons bike.

I am going to try and find a used road bike buy and leave it here with a friend.
    Hmm I ride a 56cm usually, let me know I might be interested in helping you cover the costs to use it while I'm down there myself if I can't find one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    Hmm I ride a 56cm usually, let me know I might be interested in helping you cover the costs to use it while I'm down there myself if I can't find one.
    That's great. I also ride 55 or 56. Splitting the cost would be super. Any idea how much you might want to invest? I'm going to start looking.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    Mercadolibre.com.co has bicycles for sale but there is not much selection